Why I can't update my Samsung Galaxy S5?

Laurafl

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't update my S5, I tried from the phone and it's saying that I've to plug it to the computer and update it from Kies3 but it doesn't appear nothing for the new update. The version is 4.4.2 and the model SM-G900M. Help me please

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't update my S5, I tried from the phone and it's saying that I've to plug it to the computer and update it from Kies3 but it doesn't appear nothing for the new update. The version is 4.4.2 and the model SM-G900M. Help me please

Hello and welcome to Android Central Laurafl!

There can be numerous reasons why your Galaxy S5, G900M, is not updating as shown in #1.10 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Can you provide your exact firmware, "Version", details as shown in #1.8 of the aforementioned guide.

Laurafl

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Dominican Republic. Many people are doing the thing of lollipop from the computer but I don't know if it will erase all my thing.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Dominican Republic. Many people are doing the thing of lollipop from the computer but I don't know if it will erase all my thing.

The reason they are doing it is because there has been no update to Android 5.0 for CSC code UWA, Dominican Republic, yet. You could download Lollipop for, say, Guatamala, Costa Rica, etc; and flash it via Odin as per the instructions in #1.11 of the earlier guide. This should not affect your files and data but as with any firmware updating procedure you should... Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW! Also, note the warning about flashing a different firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk