Verizon cloud

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do I backup and restore CALENDAR items on Verizon cloud. My Google calendar is all messed up. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If I want to restore only my calendar, what do I do? Is my calendar backup part of my documents? Thanks.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If I want to restore only my calendar, what do I do? Is my calendar backup part of my documents? Thanks.

It's best to sync your calendar to the cloud via Gmail or an Exchange server. Sorry, don't know if your Verizon cloud would back that up by default if your calendar was just on the phone.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Need a cloud expert

I have many years experience as a consultant with a PC/LAPTOP. I can no longer use them and have transitioned to a Smartphone.
Before, all the files I created were stored locally on the PC. It's a different story now with the smartphone. I use the following applications most of the time.
Google Drive.
Google docs
Google Sheets
Google Keep
G Cloud
Memo
My Files
Adobe Acrobat
Play Store
Textra

There are probably more. My question is this. Which are stored on the CLOUD, and which are stored LOCALLY? Additionally, when I download a PDF, is it stored locally, or does it go to the Cloud.
If there is a resource that has all of this, please let me know. If not, I need to draw from your experience. As always, thank you very much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need a cloud expert

Where stuff is stored depends on what you're doing and what you're using to do it. Not eaxctly sure what you're asking.
Typically, these will be files stored in the cloud:
Google Drive - the name of your cloud storage space included with all Google accounts.
Google Docs
Google Sheets
Google Keep
G Cloud
Memo - not sure what this is.
My Files - a file manager, an app on the phone for dealing with local files/folders. It has not been updated since 2013 and appears to be abandoned. Also, it apparently cannot handle cloud storage. I suggest uninstalling this and getting a better, up to date file manager such as X-plore or FX File Explorer that can handle local and cloud storage.
Play Store - not cloud storage, a web-based service.
Textra - an app on the phone for messaging. Messages are stored locally on the phone.
Adobe Acrobat - a .pdf reader. Files may be stored and read locally or in the cloud. When you download a .pdf it is stored on the phone.

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

You answered most of my questions. MEMO is the NOTE feature that was installed by Verizon /Samsung when I purchased the phone. Thanks for your help.

Posted via the Android Central App

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I use the default Samsung Memo app that was pre-installed on my Galaxy S5 & my memos are stored locally.

There is an option if you have setup a Samsung account to backup your memos to Samsung's Cloud so that you can access them from other devices.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Get rid of the cloud

I've noticed that on my Contacts, if I hit the overflow menu, I see an UNLINK option. All of the links belong to the CLOUD. How did they get there, how do I get rid of them, and do I need them? Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Need a cloud expert.

I posted this several weeks ago. No one responded. Maybe the post title didn't attract any attention. FWIW, here it is again.

I've noticed that on my Contacts, if I hit the overflow menu, I see an UNLINK option. All of the links belong to the CLOUD. How did they get there, how do I get rid of them, and do I need them? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need a cloud expert.

Thanks. Your post details how to link and unlink. What I'm trying to learn is how these links get created and how do I get rid of the links that are from the CLOUD. All of my contacts have links to the CLOUD. Why? How can I get rid of them all without hitting the minus individually? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non