Encryption via Airwatch

gergkertz

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. In order to access work emails, I need to encrypt my device, per company policy. I went through the encryption process, and everything was working fine. Then I started receiving notifications from the Airwatch agent telling me that I needed to encrypt my SD card (I do not have an SD card in). The only option the Airwatch notification gives me is to encrypt. When I select that option, it says that my phone is already encrypted or internal encryption is restricted.

After speaking with my company's IT, they suggested I decrypt my phone, then encrypt it again. In order to do that, I had to reset my phone, wiping all data off of it, and restart from scratch. At that point, the phone and encryption worked...for 2 weeks. Now I am receiving the same notification from Airwatch again. The worst part about the whole ordeal is that it is not a simple notification in the corner of my screen - the Airwatch app supercedes whatever I am doing on the phone, rendering the phone unusable and infuriating.

Has anyone run into a problem like this? I am still waiting on a response from IT, but would love to hear ideas/solutions. Thanks.

Irina Ward Ward

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. In order to access work emails, I need to encrypt my device, per company policy. I went through the encryption process, and everything was working fine. Then I started receiving notifications from the Airwatch agent telling me that I needed to encrypt my SD card (I do not have an SD card in). The only option the Airwatch notification gives me is to encrypt. When I select that option, it says that my phone is already encrypted or internal encryption is restricted.

After speaking with my company's IT, they suggested I decrypt my phone, then encrypt it again. In order to do that, I had to reset my phone, wiping all data off of it, and restart from scratch. At that point, the phone and encryption worked...for 2 weeks. Now I am receiving the same notification from Airwatch again. The worst part about the whole ordeal is that it is not a simple notification in the corner of my screen - the Airwatch app supercedes whatever I am doing on the phone, rendering the phone unusable and infuriating.

Has anyone run into a problem like this? I am still waiting on a response from IT, but would love to hear ideas/solutions. Thanks.

Irina Ward Ward

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi gerkertz, did you solve your issue with the airwatch notification? I have the exact same issue on my Note 4. After running airwatch and touchdown under Knox with no problem for a good year I had my compliance checked (pinged through our mobile connect) and found compliant . However since than I am getting this encryption required notification through airwatch agent even though my phone is already encrypted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus