Lost my music after switching account

tony5496

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi can someone help me out please I have 2 accounts on my music library I've switched account and lost all my music I can't seem to get it back can someone point me in the right direction so I can get it all back any help would be great

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you used the Play Music app to select music for offline use, that's encrypted and authorized only for a single account. When you switched accounts, that offline library will be gone because for Play Music, that account is no longer authorized (unless you download things again for that account).

Now, your music is not lost. It should still be safe in the cloud, it's just the offline copies that are affected.

If you have purchased music on Google Play Music or have uploaded your own and you want to use that for several accounts, you'd have to download the actual MP3 files from Google Play and copy them to your phone. Unfortunately, this can only be done via a web browser (either on PC or forcing Desktop Mode on your phone's browser). Music that you don't own cannot be downloaded this way, but it can be pinned for offline use if you have a Play Music Unlimited or YouTube Red subscription.

tony5496

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply all the music on my phone was from the Google Play store I thought there might be a way of getting it all back that's very easy but it doesn't look that way. is there anyway I can find the Albums I've downloaded is it kept somewhere on my phone as I can't remember all of them what a pain in the arse :(

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the songs were downloaded using the Google Play Music app, then those files were linked to the original account used to download them. Once you switched accounts, those files are removed (they might still be cached, but since you're not in the original account, even if you somehow found the files and re-named them as MP3, they've been coded and restricted to use only by the original account). You can easily re-download those files for offline use if you switch back to the original account.

If you downloaded the MP3 files from music you own from the Play Music site and copied those files manually to your phone, they should still be there no matter which account you use in the Play Music app, and they should show up there as local files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana