My download speed is limited! How can I fix this?

shadow_ed

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My download speed is limited!

My download speed is limited to 5mbps both wifi and 4g on my Galaxy S5. Using the same wifi, I get awesome speeds with my laptop. Upload seems unaffected. Speedtest.net is showing 4.83 down, 11.36 up! How can this be? I had awesome performance until yesterday, and suddenly, all downloading is slow, seemingly "governed" at 5mbps. It's not the wifi, it's not the 4g, so what is it? How can I fix this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My download speed is limited!

Have you checked with your ISP? Sometimes the upload can be better than the download.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Where is your router located, and how close is your phone to the router? It could be related to signal not reaching your phone due to physical obstruction or EMI from other devices.

shadow_ed

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I got 175 down, 12.41 up on my laptop using the ethernet cable. 75.5 down 12 up using the same wifi 2.4. It couldn't be the ISP. Desktop is super speed too. The S5 seems to hit the same 5mbps ceiling on 4g. It seems to be the devixe, not the services. Any other ideas? I'm close to doing a factory reset. Already wiped the cache.

shadow_ed

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm sitting next to the router. Laptop has no speed issue in the same location. The problem is on 4G too. Proximity can't be the issue!

shadow_ed

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Ping is about 320ms! What could cause this? Ping on wifi on laptop is 33ms. I should be getting the same results on my phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty