Marshmallow Coming to Canada

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Telus has updated its "Software Update Page" to include the Galaxy S5, showing that it's coming on May 2.

Software Update Schedule - TELUS Neighbourhood

Of course, these dates are always subject to change, but 2 weeks isn't that far away if they can deliver.

What this also means, usually, is that the other Canadian carriers won't be too far behind - most release on the exact same day.

Fingers crossed for that gooey goodness on Bell (for me), as well as the other players here in the Great White North.

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hm. I hope they all release around the same time. Mine used to be a Fido (FMC) phone but it's unlocked and being used in the U.S. (I bought it second hand from an American used phone dealer)

Seems like Rogers and Fido are last at everything.

Telus seems like the only one up there in Canada that maintains an adequate OS/device update page that I've seen.

Thanks for the info, though. Is something to look for.

I was actually thinking abouyt flashing a G900F international firmare onto my G900W8 if I could salvage and flash the Canadian model's modem.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The Canadian model, G900W8, gets an update for all carriers, at the same time. So the release is basically governed by the slowest Canadian carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress