Is my Samsung Galaxy S5 Water Damaged?

A

AC Question

Ok so at school my phone was standing horizontal in my backpack with charging port facing up I believe and a bottle of water spilled in my backpack.(Was barely a spill was like some water on the outside and some around the charging port) I turned the phone on and it worked, fine in about 50m I was still using it then the screen just turned off, since my phone was at 5% when that happend I wasn't scared. I tried to turn it on to confirm my suspicions but I felt the vibration you usually feel when I turn my phone on or something, but no visuals on the screen, the LED Light was goin crazy and flashing red and other colors. My sister has the same phone and so I thought it was the battrey, so we swapped, and when I attempted to turn it on, it started to vibrate, and it showed the charging screen effect on my phone. I turned it on again and the Samsung Galaxy 5 screen came up with the ''Powerd by Android'' then the middle of the screen flickers green and turns off. Is my phone done for? it's currently in rice along with the battery in a separate bag.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone WAS wet it should be okay. If the water trickled into a seam it may not be. IP67 refers to immersion from 15cm to 1m. It doesn't refer to splashing, pouring, etc, since they increase the water pressure.