Samsung Galaxy S5 Power Help?

BB6IX

May 3, 2016
Visit site
So I broke my Samsung Galaxy S5 a while ago (4-5 months back). Basically the screen does not turn on anymore, but can still vibrate etc. I didn't want to buy a new one or spend money to fix it. I am using a replacement one right now and getting a new one soon. Here's my question. When it first broke I was able to plug it into my computer and it would back up and I tried to get pictures contacts etc. The phone would still turn on and I could see the blue light at the top left. It would still make noise and vibrate. Now, I cannot figure out how to get it back on. (Obviously difficult with no display). I replaced the battery and I have left it charging. When I hold the power button down or do the special combos, it makes a quick vibration, but never the long buzzzzz it made when it turned on. Can someone help me? I really want to be able to get my pictures back. If I cant do anything about it, will people at the store be able to back it up like they have with my past phones, regardless of the broken display? An answer would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you replaced the battery, do you mean you got a new battery?

BB6IX

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have tried with both batteries and no luck. note that I did not buy the new battery specifically for this purpose, I had it laying around before this happened.

BB6IX

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have tried with both batteries and no luck. note that I did not buy the new battery specifically for this purpose, I had it laying around before this happened.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo