Problem with Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5

curtqn02

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm a newbie. Just got an Verizon GSM unlocked Samsung S5. I'm using it with T-Mobile. It work fine. Only a couple problems:
1) When I get a voice mail. There is no sound, no notification on my phone. When I dial my number and input the password the phone keep saying "Enter your password". If I keep doing it for a while. Sometimes I can get it. Sometimes not.
2) I check for update. It says "no update available". Is there a safe way I can update my phone software and still keep it unlocked and not brick it.
Thanks.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Presumably your S5, as you purchased it from Verizon, is a carrier branded phone, the G900V. Your problems may stem from having APN settings that were right for Verizon but wrong for T-Mobile. T-Mobile can tell you if your APN setting are correct. If not, they can assist you with changing to the correct APN settings, which isn't difficult to do.

You may be getting the "no update available" message as your phone is most likely running Verizon's customized version of Android, which is intended to be updated OTA on the Verizon network.