Question about OEM cable

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I unrooted my phone last week and would like to root again and possibly try a few custom ROMS but as of right now the micro USB side of my port is broken. I was wondering if the OEM cable would allow my phone to transfer data from the left port on the phone? or if it absolutely must have the micro USB working as well

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I unrooted my phone last week and would like to root again and possibly try a few custom ROMS but as of right now the micro USB side of my port is broken. I was wondering if the OEM cable would allow my phone to transfer data from the left port on the phone? or if it absolutely must have the micro USB working as well

Not sure off hand. Easiest thing to try is this: use the OEM cable, and try to push (or pull) a single small file from your phone, say for example a single photo. I would make a copy, and rename it to something obvious and maybe all in capital letters or something (to make it easy to spot in case the file goes in the middle of the lists or something like that).

If the file goes through, you should be good. If not, you aren't out anything aside from 10 minutes of your time.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I don't have the OEM cable I will have to buy it and didn't wanna have to deal with returning if it wouldn't work lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty