Because mine doesn't make a sound when it boots up anymore like it did when I had lollipop. With lolipop, the phone made a sound while it was showing the Samsung logo. Now it doesn't. Is there a setting I'm missing some place? Or is there no sound now?

I don't really care if it does or doesn't. I'd just like to know. I'm not rooted or anything. But the bootloader is factory unlocked. Thanks.
    06-15-2016 03:25 AM
    Mine is the same way. I never really gave it much thought. Maybe it's the Canadian firmware? Can anyone else chime in from the US or across the pond?
    06-15-2016 05:51 AM
    Mine doesn't make a sound since the MM upgrade. I'm on an S5 from Verizon in the US.
    06-15-2016 07:02 AM
    Mine doesn't make a sound either, hooray, on Verizon
    Hated the start up sound, first phone I have ever had that I couldn't turn that sound off

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-15-2016 08:43 AM
    Oh, okay. Good. Thanks for confirming that, people. I thought it was a setting that I had wrong or something.
    06-15-2016 11:51 AM
    Mine is the same way. I never really gave it much thought. Maybe it's the Canadian firmware? Can anyone else chime in from the US or across the pond?
    How has your W8 doing since the update anyhow? Mine has been good. No problems so far.
    06-15-2016 11:53 AM
    How has your W8 doing since the update anyhow? Mine has been good. No problems so far.
    Mine has been fantastic. Great battery life (I uninstalled Facebook and use Metal instead) too. I don't use it a lot on the weekend so it's in standby most of the time, and DOZE just kicks drain to the curb. This is what I ended up with on Sunday night...

Is the MM bootscreen supposed to make a sound?-screenshot_2016-06-12-16-39-58.jpg
    rokemsokem likes this.
    06-15-2016 12:27 PM
    Mm. Not bad. Good. I just charged mine so I'll post a screen shot once it dies off. So far I've been content with the update. I was thinking about installing that Good Lock apk but I don't know if it's more hassle than what it's worth or not. I don't really mind TouchWiz.
    06-15-2016 02:29 PM
    I couldn't find Good Lock in any of the stores (Google or Galaxy). I sideloaded it from APKMirror and it made my phone "broken". I could swipe down from the notification bar, but that's it. No icons on my screen. No lock screen. Power button didn't work to shut it off. I pulled the battery and started in safe mode, exact same thing. I thought "damn - recovery and FDR". Then after what seemed like an eternity, it rebooted itself and I was back to normal. It had uninstalled Good Lock completely. I love Marshmallow. Won't be putting that back on.
    06-15-2016 05:13 PM
    I couldn't find Good Lock in any of the stores (Google or Galaxy). I sideloaded it from APKMirror and it made my phone "broken". I could swipe down from the notification bar, but that's it. No icons on my screen. No lock screen. Power button didn't work to shut it off. I pulled the battery and started in safe mode, exact same thing. I thought "damn - recovery and FDR". Then after what seemed like an eternity, it rebooted itself and I was back to normal. It had uninstalled Good Lock completely. I love Marshmallow. Won't be putting that back on.
    If you had Fingerprint unlock active...Good Lock will not work with S5...I had to use Pin to get it to work. You could use any other lock feature but not Fingerprint...

OP: No Boot Sound on Verizon here...and I like it that way...
    06-16-2016 03:59 AM
    If you had Fingerprint unlock active
    Hmmm... well I do use fingerprint to unlock and I don't want to change it so meh... Not that excited to try it again. Thanks!
    06-16-2016 04:17 AM