not enough storage when moving apps to sd card

silentsaber

May 16, 2013
Visit site
hello, for some reason, whenever i try to move an app to sd card i would get a message " not enough storage space" even though i have 120gb. How do i fix it so i can move stuff to my sd card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

silentsaber

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i did all those and everything turned out fine, nothing corrupted, i can transfer and take out files from the sd card and put it on my comp np and i also used sd insight and it shows that the sd card is legitimate

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. You've tried moving different apps, and this happens with all of them?

At this point, if this is really important to you, it may be time for a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch (since firmware can get corrupted unexpectedly).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11