S5 won't connect to laptop:(

Dougal95

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I have two S5 (G900F) phones; A factory unlocked and an unlocked by O2.
I can't get any PC or laptop to 'see' the factory unlocked model any more. The cable is a data cable, as the usual options work when plugging in the other phone.
Not only does Windows fail to see it, but the phone also does not show the drag down screen for usb connections after connecting.
I've tried the usb debugging setting in Dev options.
Please can anyone help?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well if one phone works and the other doesn't, assuming you're using the same cable, then I have to guess it's a bad USB port on the phone that doesn't connect. USB debugging is not needed for connecting the phone and looking at it's contents. You might try uninstalling/re-installing the Samsung drivers.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Had a horrible feeling you might say that:-(
Tried new driver install already
I'm guessing you tried another cable and possibly wiggling the cable connector at the phone? Mute question as I'm sure you tried it. Anything obvious if you look at the phone connector? Does it look misaligned? Do the contacts look ok? Just reaching for anything as in order to replace the charging port, the screen has to be removed. Big PITA and a job better left to Samsung.

There was a guy who had to have his S7 phone screen replaced a little while ago, and a repair shop quoted over $400. I told him to call Samsung and he found out Samsung wanted $250. If you're going to have your S5 repaired, make sure to include Samsung in your quest for a repair quote. Another reason is Samsung will probably take extra care to preserve the IP67 integrity of the phone during repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non