I need help installing a ROM on my S5

danfregosom24

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, so I've had my Samsung S5 for almost a year and a half now, and over time it has become really slow. I've done a factory reset twice but over time it gets really laggy again; so I decided to root it. Now I want to install a ROM (XtreStoLite 2.3 or 2.4) but I'm not really sure how to do it. I also want to unroot it if possible to start the whole process from scratch. Can anyone help me or can anyone give me a link to a tutorial I can follow? It's kinda frustrating using my phone this days when it's really laggy and with no space on device.

Thanks!

P.S. My S5 is a SM-G900H.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so I've had my Samsung S5 for almost a year and a half now, and over time it has become really slow. I've done a factory reset twice but over time it gets really laggy again; so I decided to root it. Now I want to install a ROM (XtreStoLite 2.3 or 2.4) but I'm not really sure how to do it. I also want to unroot it if possible to start the whole process from scratch. Can anyone help me or can anyone give me a link to a tutorial I can follow? It's kinda frustrating using my phone this days when it's really laggy and with no space on device.

Thanks!

P.S. My S5 is a SM-G900H.

Hello and welcome to Android Central danfregosom24!

To return your rooted phone to stock, unrooted, you will need to download and flash, via Odin, the latest stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product codes as per the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

The full instructions for flashing the latest XtreStoLite ROM, v2.6, for the G900H, octa core model, are shown in post #1 of...[ROM] [G900H] XtreStoLite RL v2.6 [August 25,2016]. These need to be read carefully and thoroughly before flashing. If you have any queries about this, I would recommend posting them directly on the thread mentioned. This is for competent users.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)