Screenshot with Google on Tap

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android Marshmallow 6.01, Verizon network. The on Tap instructions seem simple.
I hold down the Home button till the SHARE icon appears. A click on the SHARE icon takes the screenshot and presents the share options. Clicking on the Upload to Photos appears. It looks like it worked but the screenshot is nowhere to be found. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe it saves them at all. It's only held in memory temporarily. If you want to save it, use the share and "upload to Google Photos"

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it saves them at all. It's only held in memory temporarily. If you want to save it, use the share and "upload to Google Photos"

Thanks. That'll work, but When I select UPLOAD TO PHOTOS, I expected the screenshot to go to my photos or Gallery. That's where they use to go. Is there a way to get them to go to the Gallery?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no "to the Gallery" - Gallery has no storage place. It shows all pictures picked up by Media Scanner when you turn the phone on or take pictures. (It should add the screenshot to its database - evidently that's changed, so try taking a screenshot, then restarting the phone to rebuild the database.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo