Issues With Sending Downloaded Pictures to Iphones

Salminmm

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello All!!

Google is giving me the run around so I thought I would try here. I am using a Pixel 3a running on Andriod 10 with the google text messenger and standard google photos apps. A couple days ago I started having issues with sending downloaded images. Recently, my downloaded images have not been showing up when I click the camera/picture icon to send a picture. When I click more, then click the google photos app, then click the download folder, and then try clicking my images, I can only click one image at a time. Once selected (a single image or multiple images), it will not arrive to the receiver, instead it says "One or more media attachments were removed" on the receiver's end. This happens no matter how many photos I send or how I share the pictures. It seems to be more of an issue going from my Pixel 3a to an iphone. I have searched for systems updates, both app updates, uninstalled and reinstalled (or updated it said) the text messenger app, checked permissions, etc.

To clarify: my issue is only with downloaded pictures not any other folders (i.e. screenshots, camera pictures, messenger images), with iphone users.

Can you please help me? I mean... if I can't send people memes, how are they suppose to know how I am feeling (jk)?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which app did the downloads. It is common to mistake the Google Search app for Chrome. It seems that by default Google Search does not have "storage" access so that the files get hidden in a protected folder until the app privileges are corrected.

If you are using Google Photos, are the images located on the Google servers or on your phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

It sounds like you're able to successfully attach the photos to the message initially. Can you confirm that you're able to send them successfully to a non-iPhone user?

Salminmm

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello B. Diddy! Thank you for the move!

Yes, I can send them to non-iPhone users and last week I was able to send them to iPhone users until it stopped working this week.

Salminmm

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello ManiacJoe! I was using Google Chrome for use and the images are on my phone. I can find them when I pull up the standard google photo app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d