Why can't i access my gallery on my S5?

Gyro4

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting the following error message when I try to access photos in my gallery : ' Unfortunately,Dropbox has stopped', next my phone freezes momentarily and then it kicks me out of the photo gallery. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's worked perfectly until now.

I've tried the following several times: restarting my phone, ending the programme in task manager, switching my phone on and off. I've also tried to uninstall Dropbox unsuccessfully and used AVG to scan my phone for viruses - none have been detected. Please help!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting the following error message when I try to access photos in my gallery : ' Unfortunately,Dropbox has stopped', next my phone freezes momentarily and then it kicks me out of the photo gallery. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's worked perfectly until now.

I've tried the following several times: restarting my phone, ending the programme in task manager, switching my phone on and off. I've also tried to uninstall Dropbox unsuccessfully and used AVG to scan my phone for viruses - none have been detected. Please help!

Hello and welcome to Android Central Gyro4!

It would seem that your issue boils down to DropBox and its uninstallation. You can try uninstalling it by following the instructions in #1.5 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide. Failing that, boot into Safe Mode as per #1.4 of the guide and try uninstalling DropBox.

Gyro4

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I completed the steps for 1.5. first i cleared the cache. that didn't solve the problem. then i cleared the data. still didn't solve my problem.

Next I completed the steps for 1.4 and tried to uninstall DropBox in safe mode; but the option was not given to me. The only options are to update or open dropbox. is there anything else i can do?

I am a total amateur at this. Please help! thank you!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19