Is there a root solution for Track one Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-S903VL

A

AC Question

I can find virtually NOTHING about this particular model, even on XDA, and what IS available is people all asking if a solution has been found to root. No S5's will be supported by Android. I.e. no Android 7.1.2...or O(reo)...EVER. That makes this expensive brick a perfect candidate for root.
P.S.
There is ONE site that states that they have an exploit for said model# . This is false. Solution cannot resolve Itself.
Also, is it possible to put Nougat on an LGL22C 5.0.1?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can find virtually NOTHING about this particular model, even on XDA, and what IS available is people all asking if a solution has been found to root. No S5's will be supported by Android. I.e. no Android 7.1.2...or O(reo)...EVER. That makes this expensive brick a perfect candidate for root.
P.S.
There is ONE site that states that they have an exploit for said model# . This is false. Solution cannot resolve Itself.
Also, is it possible to put Nougat on an LGL22C 5.0.1?

This model, SM-S903VL, is the ultimate carrier minority variant for Tracphone/StraightTalk. It is doubtful if this was ever manufactured in more than the thousands under license from Samsung and sold by Walmart in the USA, I believe. As such, it is not even recognised as being in the official Samsung portfolio or updated by Samsung unlike, say, the rootable S5 Neo, Global model, G903F.

It has the same mega locked down bootloader as the S5, AT&T and Verizon models, see #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. AFAIK, CF-Auto Root, Kingo and SRSRoot do not work on this model.

IMHO, since it is such a minority variant and since none of the usual root methods work on it, I seriously doubt that an exploit will ever be found to root this model and like the AT&T model which has been un-rootable for 3 years, it will stay that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress