Wireless charging (via Samsung Qi)

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Simple question, the Qi gets power from a 2 amp wall charger, and charges devices at 2 amp. Would this also work in a vehicle using a 2amp output charger plugged in to a 12 volt receptacle?

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
You could be correct. I thought it was 2 amp, but looked at the label closer and it doesn't indicate output. Still wondering if it could function while plugged into a vehicle charger.

sly_1

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Current wireless charging technology won't charge the phone at 2amps but there are changes coming down the pipeline. QI recently announced support for fast wireless charging coming "soon".

In the meantime there's wired Qualcomm 2.0 compliant car chargers out there. I grabbed one off Amazon for like $20 that works like a charm, charges the phone at roughly 1%/minute even with Waze and Pandora running last couple times I tested.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Samsung qi charger and only the front edge of it lights up. Is that normal or should the entire edge light up? It works with my supcase beetle case on it.
Also it doesn't turn green when fully charged. Anyone have any input?

Posted via the Android Central App on my GS6 Active

Last edited:

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
OK, it was at 99% I put it on the charger with the LED notification on. Put it on the charger and it started charging. LED was red. After a minute or 2 the led went green, the screen turned on a second stating it was fully charged. Stupid pad never changed color or turned off. Was still on blue. I removed the phone and it never shut off. I had to tap the phone back on the pad and it blinked a few times and removed the phone and it finally shut off. WTF? Maybe I'll try without the case on.
Nope. Tried again and it doesn't turn green or shut off with the case off. Do I need to have nfc turned on?

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The wireless prob wont keep up using navigation.

But a wired charger with 2+ am will still charge your phone while using navigation.

I have a s6 while using navigation and Bluetooth. I went from 50% to full on a hour.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana