I have a Galaxy S6 edge+ — ask me about it!

dquibs

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Is the phone slippery? How does it feel in the hand (compared to HTC One M8, is it more or less slippery?)

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Have u found a tempered glass screen protector that actually curves around the edges

Think it'd be pretty hard to find one that curved around this. Just use it without a protector — really, it'll be OK.

how's the ram management? does it reload apps like S6/S6 edge? thanks

My GS6 and GS6 edge never really had any issues with reloading apps... and the same goes for this phone.

Has it got any multi window software if so how does it compare with multi window on the note 4 / 5?

Yup same multi-window and pop-up window features.

I saw the standard s6 edge, it's display looked as crisp as if it's on a real paper. Is the display as good (or natural) as its on the standard s6 edge/s6?

Great display still. Crisp, bright and accurate.

For both this phone and the note 5 I'm mostly interested in battery life. I know you have not had it long enough to make a comment but when you're ready I would love to hear your thoughts. Especially comparing to the standard s6 or the note 4

I just posted this over in the Note 5 forums:

"Weekend is over! I can give some kind of battery life impressions. In short, I'm not upset with the battery life.

I've been ending each day with about 15-20% battery left, that's after roughly 15-16 hours off the charger, and with 2.5-3.5 hours of "screen on" time. That's with ~90% screen brightness (+ auto brightness), and all of my accounts syncing. Nothing hard-hitting really, just usual email, social networks, browsing, reading, camera, podcasts and music, maybe with some occasional youtube videos or streaming.

That's not bad at all, and nowhere near bad enough for me to be upset with it. FWIW I also get through a day on the Galaxy S6, but not as comfortably."

The menu of the camera setting for my Galaxy S6 Edge won't stay on.
I press the camera icon and the screen appears with the toolbar at the top of the screen. I press the settings gearwheel icon and the Camera Settings menu appears for the briefest instant before the screen reverts back to the previous screen. I can't get the menu to stay on.

What can be done?

seems like a bug. clear data in the camera app, restart the phone. if it persists, return the phone for a new one.

What bloat ware can be Uninstalled for AT&T version?

Only have an international version, sorry. Chances are you'll be able to disable most of it, uninstall very little of it.

True, is it possible to extract this camera app for us?

Thank you!

Nope.

may be a dumb question, but where is the speaker for this phone? Is it the same as the S6 (back of the phone)?

Speaker is on the bottom next to the USB port, just like the GS6. It's passable for notifications, ringtones and speakerphone calls, but isn't all that great for listening to music or podcasts. Definitely go with an external speaker or headphones.

Is the phone slippery? How does it feel in the hand (compared to HTC One M8, is it more or less slippery?)

It's pretty slippery, mostly because there just isn't much metal on the sides of the phone and the curve isn't really helping your hand wrap around it at all. I still don't feel comfortable holding it without a case, just like the regular GS6 edge.

The M8 is pretty slippery as well, but for different reasons — that phone just doesn't have anything to hold onto, and the materials are soooo slick. The M8 is at least small enough that you can wrap your hand around it.

Is it more responsive given the extra gig of memory?

With the latest software updates the GS6 & GS6 edge are pretty responsive even with 3GB of RAM. The extra 1GB isn't going to do much to change that in either direction — that's all about just holding extra apps and processes in memory.

dquibs

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer about the M8/slipperiness. Thinking of upgrading from my M8. How good / useful is the fingerprint sensor? Do you use it? Is it accurate?

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been a Note user for the past 3 phones. I liked them b/c of the battery long life and changable battery. Now it seems like the S6E+ is on par if not slighlty better than N5. You have both phones is the only difference the S-Pen now? Everything else except form factor/screen/edge and size/weight are identical. Only difference appears to be the pen and the edge really? Am I missing something and if not b/c you have played with both for a few days now which one would you use as the daily driver and why? Thanks

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answer about the M8/slipperiness. Thinking of upgrading from my M8. How good / useful is the fingerprint sensor? Do you use it? Is it accurate?

Use it every day as my primary phone unlock. Accurate and fast.

I have been a Note user for the past 3 phones. I liked them b/c of the battery long life and changable battery. Now it seems like the S6E+ is on par if not slighlty better than N5. You have both phones is the only difference the S-Pen now? Everything else except form factor/screen/edge and size/weight are identical. Only difference appears to be the pen and the edge really? Am I missing something and if not b/c you have played with both for a few days now which one would you use as the daily driver and why? Thanks

Not sure how the GS6 edge+ would have better battery life than the Note 5. They have all of the exact same internals and battery size. The battery life is the same.

And yes, the only difference is the curved screen and the S Pen. You either get the edge screen features — of which there are simply a handful — or you get the flat screen with the S Pen functionality. The rest is identical.

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What camera sensor is in there? If it's the Sony one I'll be pissed off that they couldn't use all Sony sensors for my s6 edge and s6 active

Leoncio Zamora

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you its even better (in my opinion) to me the s6edge had a wee bit of distortion at the curves, it seems the s6e+ doesnt.

I seem one at best buy and I have the s6 edge but in my opinion they made the curves even more subtle

Thomas Veith

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Can you do some testing of the GPS? I'm very interested in purchasing this device Friday but I'm reading lots of complaints in the forums that the standard Edge device is having lots of problems with the GPS holding a location / dropping. Would really like to know if your device is having the same problem. Also, any idea if the GPS chip in the PLUS is the same as the standard device? A little worried to purchase the EDGE because I use the GPS all the time and it needs to be reliable. Thanks! :)

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I too have the 6+. I turned in the Note 3 because of the GPS. I am hoping that the Edge+ GPS is ok, but reading on the Edge+ and it's predecessor, looks like there are still issues. More people using the GPS will chime in.

GPS is so far flawless on mine.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you do some testing of the GPS? I'm very interested in purchasing this device Friday but I'm reading lots of complaints in the forums that the standard Edge device is having lots of problems with the GPS holding a location / dropping. Would really like to know if your device is having the same problem. Also, any idea if the GPS chip in the PLUS is the same as the standard device? A little worried to purchase the EDGE because I use the GPS all the time and it needs to be reliable. Thanks! :)

GPS has been pretty fast to lock for me and thats in rural Louisiana.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Fingerprint sensor on the At&t version I have is pretty accurate and fast. I use it for purchases, lastpass, and phone unlock.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Also syncing music in windows media player it writes faster and the syncing of songs is very fast. I have 35GB of music and in 5 minutes it had synced 25% of the load. The UFS 2.0 storage is blazing fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress