Anyone having problems with fast charging?

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Noticed issues as well. But I do have a Note 4 charger here, and I think I was using that one. As soon as I swapped the cable for a more recent one by Samsung... it worked. I do think it's an issue with certain cables...

Posted via the Android Central App

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, just started having the same issue. Using the stock s6e+ cable and charger. I have to reconnect several times to get the fast charge.

Jesse Zimmerman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I had this issue for a long time, ever since I got my S6 Edge Plus on release day. I never took it back because randomly it seemed to work. As someone previously mentioned, if it works in the store, you'll take a lot of crap before they'll return it. In any case, strangely enough, If hit the background app button and then "close all" of the background apps, then plug it in, it will fast charge. This is the stupid problem to have... but that's been a fairly reliable workaround in my case. Hope it helps!

EDIT: I'm on TMobile variant btw

sandeelaine

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated my edge + since i got the notification for system update, when the phone was done with reboot, I charged it and showed cable charging only. Called customer service, was advised to restart phone, and then it was fixed, it shows fast charging now, however, after a few minutes it showed cable charging again. Tried different wall plugs but still the same thing until i decided to change the cable, that did the trick.. shame on the cable thats less than 1 month old compared to the one im using now which is a year old..

bduerr1

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Here is an excellent article about charging android phones Android USB Charging Secrets - APC

I purchased a tester and found that chargers, cables and USB ports all change the amperage that goes intot he phone. As well there is a signal that goes over the data portion of the cable.

Here are some of my findings:

1) cable wire is a big deal. 28/24 is the best (heaviest gauge). The ones you buy in the gas stations and Walgreen's are thinner and may not allow the power needed for faster charging
2) two identical HTC M9 chargers (longer body) One charged at 1.05 ma and the other at .95 ma. same outlet. Phone (HTC One M9) stated "(AC) charging"
3) EverReady Energizer 2 AA batteries phone stated "(AC) charging" @ .43 ma
4) Fully charged 2400 ma rechargeable charger w/ cheap short cable would not charge for more that 3 minutes phone stated (USB) charging. Message = "phone using too much power cannot charge"
5) Fully charged 2400 ma rechargeable charger w/ good cable = "(AC) charging" @ .25 ma
6) Best results! USB 3 computer port. "(AC) charging" @ 1.45 ma
7) Cigarette car charger w/ good cable (USB) charging" @ .45 ma
8) Car USB port w/ good charger (USB) charging @ .95 ma

There is a handshake between phone and charger and it depends on the cable data port voltage and message that controls amperage. Some phone and charger manufacturers ahve set up proprietary handshakes to get faster charging!

Mich41

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I plugged in the charger from note 4 that has fast charging. On my s6 edge plus It shows as cable charging only. I plugged the charger back into my note 4 and fast charging comes up with no issue. Any idea is there a setting I'm missing. This is T-Mobile variant by way.

Yes I am having a problem with fast charging and I don't know how to fix it

jimmyvh

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same thing when I use the charge pad. I have tried 3 different pads all do same .thing.Mines going back..think I might swirl to the note 5. My wife's 5 works flawlessly.