Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (does it have a loose button) or the Nexus 6P?

A

AC Question

Hey guys!

I am kinda torn between these two devices. At first I waned the Edge+ but then after trying a few units in different shops I noticed that the home button is kinda loose. By loose I mean moving up and down (kind of like the one on the s6) instead of being stiff. Also I am pretty scared that it will be forgotten by Samsung after a while, just like my brand new s3 was forgotten back in the day (it only went from 4.0 to 4.3). Those being said..I think those two are my only concerns about the Edge+

On the other hand..is the Nexus 6P it's also a device I would like. It will always have the latest Android version (at least for about 3 years) and to me it looks okay. Not as sexy as the S6 edge+ but still looks nice. With this device I am concerned about either scratching the back of the graphite version..this exposing the raw aluminium...having the "visor" crack for no reason and I am also kinda concerned about the rigidity of the phone...last night I saw a guy on youtube bending it quite easily.

What would you recommend, guys? Nexus 6P or the Edge+
Please think what would you choose for yourself...and let me know. Also, are my concerns real? Did anyone scratch the back of the 6P or had it's visor crack by itself? Does anyone have an edge+ with a loose button? Hopefully if someone owns this device..they can shoot a really quick video showing the stiffness of the home button.

Also, even better...if someone owns both phones...which one would you pick again?

TLDR version: Nexus 6P or Edge+? Which one would you choose and why?

I am waiting for your answers guys! Hopefully I will get some fast.

Best regards,
Mihai Ilie

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is going to come down to personal preference. I had the s6ep and didn't experience a loose button. I am on a note 5 now though as the s6ep isn't as easy to hold. Personally I prefer carrier phones as you can go through the Carrier for troubleshooting and replacement. For the 6p,you have to go through Google or the manufacturer only. Also I don't like the positioning of the rear fps, it is hard to use when the phone is on a table.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I am kinda torn between these two devices. At first I waned the Edge+ but then after trying a few units in different shops I noticed that the home button is kinda loose. By loose I mean moving up and down (kind of like the one on the s6) instead of being stiff. Also I am pretty scared that it will be forgotten by Samsung after a while, just like my brand new s3 was forgotten back in the day (it only went from 4.0 to 4.3). Those being said..I think those two are my only concerns about the Edge+

On the other hand..is the Nexus 6P it's also a device I would like. It will always have the latest Android version (at least for about 3 years) and to me it looks okay. Not as sexy as the S6 edge+ but still looks nice. With this device I am concerned about either scratching the back of the graphite version..this exposing the raw aluminium...having the "visor" crack for no reason and I am also kinda concerned about the rigidity of the phone...last night I saw a guy on youtube bending it quite easily.

What would you recommend, guys? Nexus 6P or the Edge+
Please think what would you choose for yourself...and let me know. Also, are my concerns real? Did anyone scratch the back of the 6P or had it's visor crack by itself? Does anyone have an edge+ with a loose button? Hopefully if someone owns this device..they can shoot a really quick video showing the stiffness of the home button.

Also, even better...if someone owns both phones...which one would you pick again?

TLDR version: Nexus 6P or Edge+? Which one would you choose and why?

I am waiting for your answers guys! Hopefully I will get some fast.

Best regards,
Mihai Ilie

I don't have both phones, but the loose button is a non-issue. The only reason I would consider getting the 6P over the S6 Edge+ is the immediate security updates and the price.

In almost every other respect, most reviews show the S6 Edge+ winning. It's screen is a bit nicer, it's camera is better in almost all scenarios. It's got Samsung Pay if mobile payment is important to you and you live in the US, that's supported in more places than either Android Pay or Apple Pay.

There are many other things that are better. Course 6P owners will likely disagree with me. I imagine it's a great phone, but right now I think the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ are top of the Android list, especially if you need OIS.

Posted via the Android Central App