I need help transferring pictures, etc. from an ipHone to a Galaxy 6 Edge Plus?

A

AC Question

I need help transferring pictures, etc. from an ipone to a Galaxy 6 edge plus

Either phone to phone or phone to computer to phone. Tried several apps; icloud, nothing's working. I have my contacts, emails and calendar, but nothing else is transferring.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If all of the photos are locally stored on your iPhone, then I suggest transferring them to your computer via iTunes (or using a file manager to drag and drop them to the computer--can that be done these days on an iPhone?). Then upload the photos to your Google Photos in the cloud, which has two benefits: (1) the photos are safe in the cloud, without risk of data loss, and (2) you can access them from any device using the Google Photos app. If you want a particular photo saved to your phone, you can select it in the Google Photos app and download it.

If you have lots of photos and only the basic 15 GB of Google Drive storage, then make sure you upload the photos in "High Quality" resolution, rather than "Original." Google Photos allows you to store unlimited photos in High Quality, which means photos up to 16 MP in resolution. https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en&ref_topic=6156061

In general, you should avoid keeping your photos stored only on your phone, because mobile memory (and especially SD cards) can fail, and phones can get crushed or flushed down the toilet. :confused:

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: I need help transferring pictures, etc. from an ipone to a Galaxy 6 edge plus

Just use Google Photos. It's available in the iOs app store too. Sync from the iphone and when u open it on ur android all ur photos are there.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87