Unfortunately S note has stopped working. On S6 edge plus

Joeboy22

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
image.jpgHi everyone

I did the latest update to 6.0.1 last week on my Samsung S6 edge plus and since then my S note gives me the message

'Unfortunately S note has stopped'

I've reset the phone, uninstalled S note viewer and installed it again and searched a few forums but can't find anything to fix it. I did try one other thing which was to update my language from the 'Language and input' setting but that didn't work. I usually open S note after logging into 'My KNOX' so not sure if it's that ? When I go to the S note viewer app it also tells me I have no 'SPD files' even though I have 5 of the blighters and I can see the folders !!

As this isn't working I now can't get access to my passwords and personal data. Does anyone know if I can access this data any other way, maybe via another app ? Tried Evernote but couldn't work it out.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you reset the phone, do you mean a factory reset?

Have you already tried going to the App Manager, selecting S Note, and Clearing Cache/Data?

BTW, I moved this to the S6 edge+ forum, since the Marshmallow forum is probably too general for this Samsung-specific question.

Joeboy22

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for moving the thread to a more suitable forum.

I have cleared the cache but was a bit scared of deleting the data. Would that not delete my spd files that I'm trying to access ? Bad English on my part regard the reset. I meant I'd restarted the phone and not a factory reset.

One point of note is that the S notes originated on my Galaxy note 3 so were imported accross when I got the new Phone. Not sure if that makes a difference but thought it worth mentioning. Incompatability ?

Regards

Joe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if Clear Data will wipe out those files, but if you have them backed up somewhere, you could always copy them back to the phone. But I'm also not sure if the older SPD are fully compatible. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Joeboy22

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've kind of fixed it although its not perfect. I can see the first page of the note but cant scroll down. I went to my knox and hit 'more', 'add apps', added s-note viewer. Then opening s-note viewer inside My knox lists the spd files. I can now open them but cant see if its more than a page of data.

This is the last straw with this phone and I've just downgraded and bought a note 4. Haven't got on with the s6 edge plus at all and it'll be on ebay very shortly. I loved my note 3 and should of kept it and saved myself £500.

Last edited: