I've been having a lot of issues with my phone recently when it comes to charging. I plugged it in last night right before I fell asleep but maybe it started not charging for some reason? Either way I woke up to it dead when I wanted to check my messages and I got PISSED when I found out it died overnight. I left it charging, or at least I thought so.
    My phone has a broken battery, so it'll take 4-8 hours to charge completely, sometimes even more. It's around Christmastime so I'm not gonna spend a ton to get it fixed when perhaps I might be able to get a new one for Christmas, but for now it's a problem that's seriously getting on my nerves. Luckily it's charging right now and isn't having problems, but is there something that happened? Is there any way I can fix this stupid slow charging problem on my own? Is there any way I can prevent this problem in the future?
    12-08-2020 12:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by a "broken battery"? It sounds more like the battery is deteriorating due to age and wear & tear, which can lead to faster battery drain and slower charging.

Another possibility is a loose or damaged USB port that is causing intermittent connection loss of the charging cable. Have you tried a wireless charger instead?
    12-08-2020 01:00 PM
    I have tried a wireless charger. It takes the same time to charge if I use a USB.
    12-08-2020 01:08 PM
    4 hours isn't that unusual for regular charging (i.e., not fast charging), and an old/deteriorating battery will take longer to charge. If you're using a fast charger, then either the charger is faulty or the phone's fast charging circuitry is faulty. You could try getting a new fast charger.
    12-08-2020 01:20 PM
    This one is a fast charger; all the ones I have are fast chargers.
    12-08-2020 01:27 PM
    So all of the fast chargers don't charge quickly? Have you also tried different cables? There can be certain cable requirements for fast charging to work as well.
    12-08-2020 01:43 PM
    No matter what I do, plug the USB into another cable, etc it just takes 4 hours.
    12-08-2020 01:56 PM
    Then it's likely either a problem with the phone's USB port or its battery. Not much you can do about that apart from bringing it to a repair shop, sorry.
    12-08-2020 02:59 PM