Phone's Favorites: No re-order Alphabetically option!! Strange...

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Odd situation: my S6 Edge's phone app's Favorites, it does NOT have an order alphabetically option!

For example, say i have 30 Favorites, and it self populated due to that Samsung app called

SmartSwitch or something like that, it transferred via bluetooth from my S5 to my S6 Edge most of the

settings, wallpaper, etc.

Well, believe it or not, those 30 favorite contacts are NOT in alphabetical order!

There is only an edit function called Re-Order, where YOU must re-order it yourself!

So, it's a little like a puzzle, where you'd have to move almost all of your 30 favorite contacts

in order to put them in alphabetical order!!

that can't be true, right? (i.e. lacking a "put in alphabetical order" option)

i've never even imagined that that would be the case.

hope someone here might know the answer. thanks in advance.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Never noticed before but I see your point if you have a lot of Favorites. That said, I try to limit my Phone Favorites to 6 people, so 2 rows of 3 people each is very manageable for me and I like the re-order setting where you can just drag and drop in whatever order you want. Those people represent probably 90% of my calls.

I think if you get over 3 rows or so (9 people) and have to start scrolling down through your Favorites, it may be easier to just punch a few letters into Search to pull them up. But, of course, we all do things differently and your way definitely isn't accommodated in the Phone Favorite Settings.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
thx for your reply.

i'm not suggesting that they remove the re-order function, not at all!

i'm suggesting that they include the most basic of all functions: order by alphabetical!

joegun

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello I have the same problem with over 300 contacts I put 30-40 as my favourites and they are all mixed up, I'm not happy : ( .......I knew I should of went back to Apple!

mikewillnot

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Same problem, Samsung Galaxy 5s (I think), Android 5.1.1.
Worked fine until a couple of updates and a switch to Microsoft Exchange. Now, favorites are NOT in alpha-order. No way to resort. GRRRRRRR.,

srsbls

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Just got a new S7...Favorites not alpha!!!😥 Previous phone Favorites were in an alpha list, just like Contacts. Why break something that was normal and logical???? Disappointed. Also, the email app doesn't have a date header between inbox dates. That allowed check marking just the date header to delete those emails quickly.

Bullberg

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
So I found a work around.. What i did was make a contacts group called favorites and then added everyone i wanted starred into this favorites group ... Next I went to the favorites or starred page and removed all ....then i went back to my favorites group page and starred everyone in the group in alphabetical order starting at A.. and it worked they are all in alpha order now unless you add someone new then you would have to repeat the whole process... It sucks but better in searching a million times a day

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty