Screen brightness issues s6 edge

asimuk

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
hi I recently purchased the s6 edge 64GB and I am delighted with the looks of the phone. however one feature/aspect of the phone is really annoying me to a point where I am about to write up a bad review about this feature.
The screen on full brightness during daylight is very nice and bright. however when I go into a dark room or even the toilet or wherever the ambient light is slightly low the screen itself would just dim down even though the "AUTO" brightness is switched off. so if auto brightness is switched off and the brightness is on manual at full brightness why on earth is the screen still controlling the brightness? I like my brightness up high even in dark places i want it to remain the same whether its dark or light. if I want the phone to control the brightness I will put it on auto and allow it to take control. this is extremely annoying. could someone please explain how to fix this. as I have tried every single setting with no success.:':)-\:-\:-\

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I made them aware. They were able to duplicate the problem with one of there techs .just don't know how they're going to solve the problem yet

I have this issue on my Sprint s6 edge. I just got a new (2nd) software update today and it STILL didn't fix the issue! Everyone needs to blow up Samsung and your carrier if you are experiencing the issue.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I couldn't find the official source for this but apparently some people from XDA found a way to fix it.

"I have the same problem with the auto brigthness with my galaxy S6 edge . but when i uninstall the car app from samsung its gone"

weird. I didn't have car mode from Samsung installed... so I went to galaxy apps, installed it.. then uninstalled it... and nothing, lol. Anyone else have a workaround? I also read changing your theme works for some people but it didn't work for me.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, I input in my dialer app *#0*# and a settings menu comes up... I click to test the light sensor and it only goes to level 3 (note my brightness is turned all the way up). I don't know if this helps anyone but I thought it's supposed to go up to level 5? Thought I read that somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa