Samsung Push app update promises better battery life

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is great news for those on T-Mobile. Phil- as you can see, battery has been a huge point of contention in these forums, but many of the issues seem to be related to specific bugs associated with specific carriers. Both you and Andrew have the T-Mobile version and came to the conclusion that battery life is worse than the Galaxy S5, which of course caused an uproar about "moving backward" with regards to specs. My own experience is that the battery life is much better. Do you have any thoughts about AC addressing relative battery life on different carriers?

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I went to get this update and decided to read the reviews. Almost every single one of the reviews is from weirdos who tell random fictitious stories about things they pushed. That makes me worried about updating this. Is it real?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
What's the new version number? Mine says up to date, but might have snuck by me without notice.

J

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I went to get this update and decided to read the reviews. Almost every single one of the reviews is from weirdos who tell random fictitious stories about things they pushed. That makes me worried about updating this. Is it real?

Don't read the reviews, they have been doing that for years now, every time there's an update for this App and others related to Samsung, they always do the same, but yes, this App(Service) is indeed important as it deals with every notification service for the Samsung apps and features.

Last edited:

rob3328

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated this app while I was at work but couldn't test to see if it had fixed my issue until I got home and connected to Wi-Fi. At first I didn't see cell standby on my battery list but now it has reared it's ugly head and it's rising on the list.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Its still early, but, I too see improvement. 8% used in 3.5 hours. Under 3% per hour is quite acceptable. We"ll see what happens when I get out and about today.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I usually work from home but today im in the office so unplugged the phone from the charger at 0645AM and its now 13:15PM and im on 86% Battery life, so in 6 hours 30 mins i've lost only 14% Battery thats not too bad imo actually pretty good. Yes i've not used the phone too much just the odd call here and there while checking personal mails on my phone.

1st 6% of battery life went after 90mins but since the initial burst drain its held on ok.

Real test will come when i get home and play a few games/watch youtube video where i reckon it will loose around 1% every 5 min which i dont know is good or not?

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I usually work from home but today im in the office so unplugged the phone from the charger at 0645AM and its now 13:15PM and im on 86% Battery life, so in 6 hours 30 mins i've lost only 14% Battery thats not too bad imo actually pretty good. Yes i've not used the phone too much just the odd call here and there while checking personal mails on my phone.

1st 6% of battery life went after 90mins but since the initial burst drain its held on ok.

Real test will come when i get home and play a few games/watch youtube video where i reckon it will loose around 1% every 5 min which i dont know is good or not?

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, but my HTC One M7 only drops no more than 14% with a full day of moderate use. This phone had piqued my interest, but the poor battery is a deal breaker for me.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's all a matter of perspective, but my HTC One M7 only drops no more than 14% with a full day of moderate use. This phone had piqued my interest, but the poor battery is a deal breaker for me.

My HTC One M7 and M8 both started with mediocre battery life but improved as HTC fine-tuned things and I fully anticipate Samsung will do the same here. This makes it look promising that they're moving fast to deal with these sorts of issues.

Don't decide right away, wait a month, and if you're still seeing issues then yeah move on, but if you otherwise really like the phone give them a chance before dismissing it.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have seen much improved battery life so far. I have everything on including VoLTE, and WIFI calling and location services on T-mo s6 edge. Was seeing about 5% useage per hour then went on drive utilizing GPS and battery dropped a bit since its so taxing but its been off the charger since 9 am and Im at roughly 50%. Much improved from the norm with all these items on. Usually have to turn this all off to get to this level. Hopefully this improvement is here to stay

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I are on AT&T and she is using the GS6 (non-edge). After reading all the reports of "unacceptable" battery life, I asked her to keep an eye on it. So far, she's saying that not only is the battery life excellent, but it's better than that of her previous phone (HTC M8).