IPhone 6/6+ converts?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Just want to see how many iPhone converts and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from the 128gb 6+ to the 32 gb Edge. The memory jump was a huge worry for me, but once I realized I streamed most of my music and didn't listen to any of the music I had on my phone, I worried a lot less. My original decision to switch from the 6+ to the Edge was because of the "wow" factor the Edge offered. I have always liked Samsung phones, so it didn't take a whole lot to get me to switch. I love the iPhone too, but there was something about the Edge that had me in the AT&T store on launch day.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the 128gb 6+ to the 32 gb Edge. The memory jump was a huge worry for me, but once I realized I streamed most of my music and didn't listen to any of the music I had on my phone, I worried a lot less. My original decision to switch from the 6+ to the Edge was because of the "wow" factor the Edge offered. I have always liked Samsung phones, so it didn't take a whole lot to get me to switch. I love the iPhone too, but there was something about the Edge that had me in the AT&T store on launch day.

Anything you miss? Any regrets?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
The two things I missed (when I owned an iPhone) was both iMessage and the direct phone updates. However, neither turned out to be a deal breaker.

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Anything you miss? Any regrets?

The only thing I really miss is iMessage/FaceTime and the updates like someone else said. But iMessage was only due to my daughter having an iPod. I solved that by using Skype instead. The updates weren't a super huge deal, just a nice thing from Apple. But I'm not crazy impatient for updates either. My phone works so I won't be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next big Android release.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
truth of the matter is I actually got the 64gb for Verizon edge last week. After couple of days using it...just couldn't deal with the few issues (mainly battery) and returned it. But I can't seem to get the edge out of my mind....driving me crazy. After continuously reading the forum and seeing that for some the battery issue has subsided and thinking that in due time the other issues will also be addressed I am very tempted to go back and get it again....

I really did enjoy the speed, screen, freedom, and the feel of the phone.

I would miss some of the apps fluidity on the iOS version compared to Android (i.e. Bank of America and several others) and honestly just having the phone work almost all the time is a plus without having to deal with shutdowns, etc. But that edge is sexy....and keeps calling me!!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
...and honestly just having the phone work almost all the time is a plus without having to deal with shutdowns, etc. But that edge is sexy....and keeps calling me!!!

You lost me here, what exactly are you talking about, what shutdowns?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had couple random shutdowns on edge for unknown reasons....though I'm sure it was cause of incompatibility with a certain app...

Ahh ok, but yes, definitely a rogue app causing that because as far as I've read just a few people with the S6/edge have complained about Force Closing apps or what you describe, and even on those cases were specific apps causing it.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I switched also from 6plus 16gb the memory on this is awesome. However my 6 plus was giving me doubke the battery of this. Its embarassing i done all fixes i seen. I think i have google olay bug tho its getting 15% usage...

I miss iMessage and also when i plug headphones in on android phone for some reason i dont get notification sounds through earphones it comes through my phone pretty retarded... on my s6. But my 6plus had 0 problems....

Other than that great change if the s6 was bigger and had better battery it would be even better. But thats all i miss

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I still have my 6 Plus and use it a few days per week. I truly LOVE my S6. So many amazing features that smoke the locked down iPhone.

But I'm getting worn down from all this Android battery management stuff. It's always something on the S6 draining the battery - first Cell Standby then Google Play Services and now Android System. I've see the battery marathoners on this Forum and have done everything they do - turned off VoLTE, turned off WiFi calling, shut down most Google services, shut down all pre-loaded Apps I'm not using (most of them), turned off WiFi scanning and Smart Scan, turned down screen brightness to 30%, done many cache clears, performed two Factory Resets, etc.. Literally everything, and still not getting anywhere near the battery life the S6 should. It's barely enough for a 12 hour day off charger if you actually use the phone.

Keeping my 6 Plus, for sure, because I'm not sure I could transition to the S6 full time until Google fixes Lollipop.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I still have my 6 Plus and use it a few days per week. I truly LOVE my S6. So many amazing features that smoke the locked down iPhone.

But I'm getting worn down from all this Android battery management stuff. It's always something on the S6 draining the battery - first Cell Standby then Google Play Services and now Android System. I've see the battery marathoners on this Forum and have done everything they do - turned off VoLTE, turned off WiFi calling, shut down most Google services, shut down all pre-loaded Apps I'm not using (most of them), turned off WiFi scanning and Smart Scan, turned down screen brightness to 30%, done many cache clears, performed two Factory Resets, etc.. Literally everything, and still not getting anywhere near the battery life the S6 should. It's barely enough for a 12 hour day off charger if you actually use the phone.

Keeping my 6 Plus, for sure, because I'm not sure I could transition to the S6 full time until Google fixes Lollipop.

If you have tried everything, then you can try something else, are you using the default weather widget? If so, just look for anything that begins with weather in the applications manager and clear cache and data of that app, then remove the widget.

I'm thinking that obviously something else is still in common on your phone since all the reset and that may only be a rogue app or ones of the bloatware and in this case the weather widget. I don't have it I disabled it and removed the widget as soon as I got the phone as I just use another weather app, but if Samsung is still using the same old Accuweather app behind it, man that app can be buggy as he'll and it won't be the first time it causes drain issues.

Again, just trying some different approach as at this point you won't lose anything trying new stuff.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
If you have tried everything, then you can try something else, are you using the default weather widget? If so, just look for anything that begins with weather in the applications manager and clear cache and data of that app, then remove the widget.

I'm thinking that obviously something else is still in common on your phone since all the reset and that may only be a rogue app or ones of the bloatware and in this case the weather widget. I don't have it I disabled it and removed the widget as soon as I got the phone as I just use another weather app, but if Samsung is still using the same old Accuweather app behind it, man that app can be buggy as he'll and it won't be the first time it causes drain issues.

Again, just trying some different approach as at this point you won't lose anything trying new stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions and constructive comments erasat. I definitely appreciate it.

I did turn off the default weather widget when I first got the phone and have been using Weather Underground ever since. It's not showing in any of the GSAM or Battery Doctor statistics as an issue but I'll try to shut it down to see if it makes any difference.

It's just so weird...my S6 goes from one battery draining problem to the next. It's like I'm in a never ending loop of fixing battery drain issues - when one thing gets 'fixed' another one pops up!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions and constructive comments erasat. I definitely appreciate it.

I did turn off the default weather widget when I first got the phone and have been using Weather Underground ever since. It's not showing in any of the GSAM or Battery Doctor statistics as an issue but I'll try to shut it down to see if it makes any difference.

It's just so weird...my S6 goes from one battery draining problem to the next. It's like I'm in a never ending loop of fixing battery drain issues - when one thing gets 'fixed' another one pops up!

I know, it is frustrating, but at least right now on your case I think it can be fixed easier and I mean it because when is Android System is definitely an app or service, it's software related, similar to Google play services and you saw that it was fixed or is in the process of been fixed with just an update.

When is something like Cell Standby it may also be some hardware issue and that may be scarier, but I hope that if more people post about the Android system we can find a pattern between everybody and get rid of that, if there is not an update that can get rid of it first.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually flipped when I learned more about the S6 edge. I really thought it was going to be like the Note 4 Edge, don't get me wrong I still want it because of the Build Quality, Design and of course it's an android but went with the 6 Plus 128GB because I got tired of not being able to watch my iTunes (protected) purchases.

I will wait it out when Samsung drops the price and my upgrade balance drops.

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was using a 16GB IPhone 6. It's a work phone so I didn't have much say. After a month I thought I was going to go nuts so I bought a 64GB Edge outright (wanted the GS6 but they were out of stock).

I'm very glad to be using Android again. IPhones are nice for people who prefer a simple optionless OS. They can't say that they "just work" anymore. The OS has some issues.

Either way, good to be back on Team Android.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
had an iPhone 6 64gb, wanted to see what all of the hype was about good phone, great apps no complaints but I missed Android and my LG G3.
Saw the S6 Edge and that was that - I now have a 64gb Edge, gave my daughter my iPhone6 and everyone is happy :cool:

alexander0003

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I switched from an iphone to the edge. I was tired of iOS and I wanted a change. None of the other android phones we're stylish so I was never tempted to switching. That all changed when I saw the edge. So far I'm impressed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch