Anyone experiencing ridiculous Facebook battery drain?

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Since I fixed the Cell Standby thing, now I have this facebook problem. I don't have it synced or connected to any apps, I have every setting I could find or think of turned off. I don't go on there much, but it's showing up pretty high on the list. I'm thinking about uninstalling it, but I do go on there once in a while. Anyone else experiencing this?

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
yes i rarely use facebook and it is at the top of my list in battery usage. I have tried many of the trips and tricks here for battery but my battery life is pretty bad. 64gb verizon edge

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Since I fixed the Cell Standby thing, now I have this facebook problem. I don't have it synced or connected to any apps, I have every setting I could find or think of turned off. I don't go on there much, but it's showing up pretty high on the list. I'm thinking about uninstalling it, but I do go on there once in a while. Anyone else experiencing this?

Just click on the facebook stat on that Battery Menu and it will show you the amount of time it has kept the phone awake, in my case, right now Screen doesn't show at the top (I'm really thinking Samsung has something wrong with this calculations as it's not the first Samsung device that show similar stuff) but it should be the top one because of the use, instead I have Facebook that I haven't even opened it today but it just show 1% and 2 sec of Stay Awake, but 13 minutes of Total Connection Time, so even when it just kept awake the phone 2 seconds it has used 13 minutes of Connection time, I'll look into this and see what I can find about this.

BUT, my battery usage is normal, so I'm not worried about it, but like I said, Samsung has some issues with this Battery Stats as it's not the first time I see this, if you use GSAM battery monitor, you will see the real Battery Stats.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Get rid of the facebook app. Instead, in Chrome, log on to facebook, click the little menu button and select add to homescreen. It will add an icon to your homescreen that works just like the facebook app. Just click on the icon whenever you want to access facebook.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Get rid of the facebook app. Instead, in Chrome, log on to facebook, click the little menu button and select add to homescreen. It will add an icon to your homescreen that works just like the facebook app. Just click on the icon whenever you want to access facebook.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that. I really prefer the apps interface, but this battery suck is unacceptable. Maybe I should try GSAM though, because it really doesn't make sense what the phone is telling me...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's worth checking to make sure your Facebook version is completely up to date. A few versions ago, some glitches were causing some serious battery drain.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Same as you didn't use it much but I neutered all setting associated to it. On top of that I went into fb and closed down the notifications it sends out too. I can care less if someone posted a stupid recipe picture and ten people like it.

Chekhov on face book as well. There were several settings in the app as well.

Also I have my wifi shut off until I want to use it. I still get google asking if it can scan for wifi even if wifi is off. I SAID NO ONCE DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU AGAIN..
stupid apps. Telling me if I allow it it will be more accurate. Now how in the world would that work? What looking for open wifi that I dont want to be on.....thats silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty