Samsung S6 Edge Experience (first 14-days, returned for new one)

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 128-gb white from AT&T on April 10, 2015, receiving in via UPS April 15, 2015 (I actually picked mine up at UPS loading dock).

Having it not even 14-days, I've done three (3) master resets, called 6-1-1 to work with AT&T Tech Support and gone to work with the the Samsung reps at BestBuy to only be told there is a 'glitch' with the device....especially when it only connects with my laptop and doesn't connect with any other computer (laptop or desktop) or when pre-loaded apps are updated suddenly are not compatible with the device.

I should be receiving the new device in the next day or so. I will let every know what I experience. I wanted to know what everyone has experienced.

-- WBS

Posted via Android Central App

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My 64GB Sprint S6 edge in Gold Platinum has been great. I did have to exchange my first one due to some manufacturing defects under the rear glass, but no operating issues here.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The good news is I received my phone Friday. The bad part the representative put it in as a Samsung Galaxy S6 and not as a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (realized I'm going to have to have the monthly payment adjusted). I like both phones, please don't get me wrong.

I guess the only difference between the two phones is the Edge & the fuctionality of the device. Other then that, there is no difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh brother--I hate it when things like that happen. How important is it to you to have the Edge? If you wanted to, you could probably ask to talk to someone higher up in AT&T (i.e., a supervisor), and tell them in detail the problems so far. Let them know about this latest totally preventable inconvenience, and ask them what they can do to make up for your troubles. They might offer you some kind of credit or extra data on your plan.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh brother--I hate it when things like that happen. How important is it to you to have the Edge? If you wanted to, you could probably ask to talk to someone higher up in AT&T (i.e., a supervisor), and tell them in detail the problems so far. Let them know about this latest totally preventable inconvenience, and ask them what they can do to make up for your troubles. They might offer you some kind of credit or extra data on your plan.

B. Diddy -- noticed I've gotten your name right the last few times, LOL -- I went into the store Sunday afternoon and bought an Otterbox, Bodyglove and a glass screen protector at a discounted rate in addition to my 20% off. The Sales Rep felt bad for the mistake.

In all honesty, other than the functionality of the two devices, I don't mind the regular S6 over the S6 Edge to be honest.

I was talking with a friend today. He unlocked the S6 Edge for one of his clients. Within three days, his client did something and cracked the screen on one of the edges shattering the whole screen. I've come to realize how fortunate I am of the Sales Representatives 'mistake'. I still have a 128-gb Samsung Galaxy S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I had an S6 that I had to have replaced. It would restart, on average, about 6 times a day. T-Mobile sent me a S6 Edge as a replacement. After confirming I wouldn't be charged anything extra, I'm happy to report my phone has not restarted once. Hopefully your luck will be better with the new phone.