How would you improve the s6 Edge?

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So its been over a month now since the s6 has been out, how would you guys improve it to make it better? Mine as as follows.

- Increase Battery Size to 2900m (I get good battery life but some other don't so increasing it a tad would help and it would only add an extra mm or 2.

- Having front facing speakers. Never really thought about this but when watching a video or playing a game your finger sometime covers the speakers.

- I'd love a double tap to wake feature that I had on my 920.

- I'd also love for the clock to be on all the time when the phone is charging. Be it the edge clock or when I'm using my clear view case.

Posted via the Android Central App

nndlb123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I too would like a sliggtly larger battery and front facing speakera.

You can have the clock on while charging using daydreams.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree both Front Speakers and Double Tap to Wake should be STANDARD...on every phone.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would like a bigger battery and more uses for the edge. Maybe add a step counter, stopwatch feature, ruler etc.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Honestly people pick one, slim well designed phone with a premium feel or a cheap plastic build with a big removable battery. High screen to body ratio or front facing speakers. As for double tap to wake that has a patent owned by HTC that's pretty iron clad. You guys get the point here right? When making a phone it's not possible to have everything for everyone.

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I want the dual front speakers also. This is my most missed feature from my M8. HTC doesn't have a patent on the double tap to wake because LG does it also. That is a useless feature for the S6 as you only have to press the home button once to wake the screen.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah we get it, just kinda dreaming here though!

I didn't know HTC had a patent. I guess we'll have to wait until they're bankrupt before they sell that feature.

I'd add more features to the edge, and make the phone slightly thicker so I can fit an extra 500 mAh into the battery. anything less than 3000 is unacceptable IMO.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Phone is near perfect. I would make it 1-2mm thicker which would enable a larger battery (even though my battery life is great as it is) they could also curve the screen just a tiny bit more if it was thicker! I would add a physical shutter key for taking photos! Maybe front facing speakers and move the headphone jack to the top of the device :) ..... and if they could make the camera even better then why not .....oh and maybe increase the screen size marginally ha

DutchyDutch72

May 28, 2015
Visit site
1 Replaceble battery and SD-card
2 poweroff button higher (at the top)
3 More Apps for the EDGE like whatsapp and k-9 emails
4 Continues scrolling
5 Moving an App to a different tab by swiping it to the bottom square and not only by pushing it al the way to the edge
6 Apps including Widgets access via icon at the quickstart
7 Access to the settings (and more option) via tap bottom left

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87