S6 Edge Gold - difference in gold?

Keagan13

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
While I went to different samsung shops to take a look at the samsung galaxy s6 edge golds, i realised a difference in reflectivity, possibly material. although it is the same phone, some of the golden s6 edges are more reflective like a mirror while others look brushed and are not reflective, like a solid color like the white s6 edge. Both are s6 edge golds. But there is probably a difference in material? Since that there are two different types of s6 edge gold, would you get the reflective one or the non reflective one? Cant post links so cant get you example images..if you google s6 edge gold you should be able to see difference in reflectivity. Not referring to those images taken from commercials as they are taken in controlled environments. Referring to those taken by users at exhibitions or homes.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
While I went to different samsung shops to take a look at the samsung galaxy s6 edge golds, i realised a difference in reflectivity, possibly material. although it is the same phone, some of the golden s6 edges are more reflective like a mirror while others look brushed and are not reflective, like a solid color like the white s6 edge. Both are s6 edge golds. But there is probably a difference in material? Since that there are two different types of s6 edge gold, would you get the reflective one or the non reflective one? Cant post links so cant get you example images..if you google s6 edge gold you should be able to see difference in reflectivity. Not referring to those images taken from commercials as they are taken in controlled environments. Referring to those taken by users at exhibitions or homes.

I've noticed that the gold color can change wildly based on the lighting situation. In my living room, I could swear it was silver, but at work it's more gold or champagne. Then in the sun it gets that shimmery rainbow effect.

Posted via the Android Central App

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd bet it's different lighting playing tricks on you. There were similar posts over the Sapphire Black when the first display models appeared in stores by folks swearing there was a solid black variant w/o the blue tint...because in some stores lighting, the phone could appear to be solid black.

saddamuk

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yep, slightly different shades and colors at different lighting conditions. I have seen a lot of people gets surprised, that the color they have seen somewhere doesn't match exactly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95