s6 edge night notifications stay on

lozo0055

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey yall. I am brand new to android. Made the switch from the iPhone on Friday. I tried searching but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Here it goes. I have the night clock enabled for the edge. Great feature. Love it. What I don't love is at night,only, when I get a notification like email or anything like that. It appears on the screen. And it's bright and it stays this way until I roll over and hit the power button on the side to send it back to the black screen with the night clock. Why does this happen and what can I do to change it? Thanks again in advance. Like I said I'm only about 4 days into this phone. So far loving it.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey yall. I am brand new to android. Made the switch from the iPhone on Friday. I tried searching but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Here it goes. I have the night clock enabled for the edge. Great feature. Love it. What I don't love is at night,only, when I get a notification like email or anything like that. It appears on the screen. And it's bright and it stays this way until I roll over and hit the power button on the side to send it back to the black screen with the night clock. Why does this happen and what can I do to change it? Thanks again in advance. Like I said I'm only about 4 days into this phone. So far loving it.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try setting up a do not disturb plan on the phone that will only give you priority alerts that you want. I have mine set up to not notify me of any notification unless it is a phone call. You can go to your settings, Sounds and Notifications, Do not disturb, turn it on and set it up. You can change the allow exceptions to just calls or whatever you want then build your schedule to how you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87