How to stop beeping while charging in car?

psuthar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have recently been using car chargers (direct connect and a wireless version) with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and noticed a beeping noise while the phone is charging. This is really annoying while listening to music or Audible as the audio cuts out, beeps, and then audio continues. Also the screen turns on at the same time of the beep.

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to disable/fix this behavior?

Thanks,

..Paresh..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that comes when your phone is either connecting/disconnecting from the charger (which would mean that there's a false contact going on somewhere, or if wireless, the phone is moving from the induction coil range) or when it's fully charged. Now, some chargers will 'stop charging' when the phone is full, and then start charging again when the battery depletes a little bit. This has the drawback that every time the charger resumes charging, the phone will beep and notify you it's charging again.

There's no stock way of turning that off.

psuthar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have had this happen when battery was at 20% and needed to charge up. Charging is working and every few minutes get the beeping noise. Solid connection and stable so I don't think it is connect/disconnect events.

Thoughts?

..Paresh..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, so are you getting a Low Battery warning with that? If so it might be that you're using the phone faster than it can charge... basically every time it hits 20% again it'll give you that warning.

I'd check the screen (just make sure you're not the one driving or are parked!) every time it beeps. If it's the low battery warning, there should be a pop up most of the time. If it's an 'unstable' connection, the Charger Connected or similar message should pop up in the notification bar for bit.

Also, make sure that the Notification Reminder is not active in Accessibility Settings. This would cause your phone to beep/vibrate to remind you of unread notifications every set period of time (I don't think this is it since this would make that happen even when not charging).