Return button functions as recent apps button

Psychosiv

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I have been looking around the Internet for a while, but I couldn't find anything related to the issue I am having with my 4 day old S6 edge.

Basically my issue is described in the title, but I will try to explain it some more.

When browsing trough one of my favourite news sites, I noticed when pressing the return button, it does the same as the recent apps button. It brings up the list of all my recently used apps.

I have tried a bunch of things like clearing the cache, getting a third party app to get a return button on the screen, even a full factory reset.

Do any of you have any idea what might cause this, and more importantly, what will fix it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Psychosiv

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure about that? It was working as a return button before as I remember. Also, if I click a link in Chrome, I am not able to go back to the page where I clicked it because it's not a return button anymore? Doesn't really make sense to me to be honest, but you might be right. Thank you for replying.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood. The button to the left of the home button shows recent apps and the one to its right is a back/return button.

Psychosiv

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that is how it should be, and also was on my s5 too.

Now, my problem is both the left and the right button are opening the recent apps window, and that is what's bothering me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty