problem Gallery vs File Commander

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I had around 1200 photos in my Gallery and have kept photos there I delete some and add new pretty much daily. I have a Auto Restoration & Speed Shop. When adding high performance parts or doing a full off frame restoration I take pictures of the original before, pictures during the process and after pictures when completed, also I take video of some of the projects as they are being done and use mostly for the customer that is paying several thousand dollars for his or her dream ride, they like seeing what's involved so they can go out and talk at car shows like they know all about restorations.
Enough said about that.
I installed the app File Commander from the Google Play Store and not the free version I paid for the Premium Edition, and yes I know why ? I thought I would use it to organize some files, make up files for each customer ,that way I could look at each customer and quickly see files on customer and there automobile at anytime.
Problem with that idea, I could never figure out how after a few days I gave up and forgotten the app. Now about a week later I picked up the phone unplug the charger get to my shop take the phone to take some pictures of the newest project and when I opened the Gallery. ..panic attacks. .WTF .Where, What No,can't be..after a few hours of searching the phone I found most of the photos had somehow been moved to. ....That's right File Commander. .and how or why my photos are completely removed out of Gallery I still have no idea.
I have taken more photos and they go right into Gallery and not long they have been moved in to File Commander. ..I have been trying for three days now and I can usually find the solution and take care of it.
This has stumped me? I can't figure out how the photos are transferred to File Commander and I can't figure out how to get the photos out of File Commander and back into my Gallery so I can delete the pain in my neck called File Commander.
I suppose I could mention my phone model, sorry about that. SAMSUNG GALAXY S 6 EDGE 925 A 64 GIG . Lollipop 5.1.1.
Never had any problems with the phone it's always worked perfectly.
And I don't think the problem now is the phone I believe it's the File Commander hijacked my photos.
Please inform me how to put photos back to Gallery, I've thought about just deleting the File Commander but I afraid that I will also delete my photos if I do that.
I don't know much about the Android I'm Android illiterate. But I can follow directions. Thanks again.
Got a question about your car I can help.

Posted via the Android Central App

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have never used this app but you gotta check setting for file commander.
Make a backup of all ur photos i recommand connect with oneDrive thy give u 100gb free for 2 years if you signup via samsung phone or mega cloud storage give u 50gb free these both uploads all the photos and videos to cloud automatically.
Gallery should pick the photos where ever thy are or any folder thy are in. You can always move em back to DCIM>CAMERA.
I been using es-file manager for ages its gone pro now but free version is pretty nice still.
U can also goto setting>applications>default applications and clear any setting against file commander.

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
needi007,
Thanks for the info. Last night I went to the application manager cleared memory on File Commander went back to Gallery, all photos had returned to the proper order back to applications manager delete File Commander. All is good in S 6 again. File Commander is a part of Office Pro. and mine wasn't the free app.
Which doesn't matter, I got rid of the problem, moving data in phone that I have not authorized don't need it.
I'll check out the sites that you suggested.
Thanks again
I'm hoping the S 7 has a external removable micro card. That will be problem solved.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo