Android OS is killing my battery

tberman333

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This is happening on both my S6 edge and my wife's S6. Look at this screen shot... this was overnight with the phone on a wireless charger. You can see it could not even charge to 100% because the OS is using so much battery. Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know how to tell what in the OS specifically could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help! uploadfromtaptalk1471436187129.png

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That is awfully high... Something is obviously not normal. Have you tried clearing your Android System cache? There's a lot of threads on here that will tell you how to do it, maybe this could help.

camaroboi13

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow, you're getting 8 hours on your battery...I'm getting HALF of that!

The slight jump in performance recently was putting the phone on the charger, it was on there for 5 minutes or so until I unplugged it in order to show the time remaining.

Screenshot_20160817-165734.jpg
Screenshot_20160817-165722.jpg

And yes, before anyone asks, I've cleared the cache, both system and apps, restarted the phone, etc etc. No new apps have been installed in over 3 weeks, and this problem just popped up out of nowhere about 3 days ago. I felt the phone getting hot in my pocket only to found that it dropped nearly 40% within less than 2 hours. This is on a Galaxy S6

tberman333

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
That is awfully high... Something is obviously not normal. Have you tried clearing your Android System cache? There's a lot of threads on here that will tell you how to do it, maybe this could help.
Thanks. I cleared the cashe tonight. I'll give it a couple of days and see how it goes.

camaroboi13

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Anything new? I can't continue to carry my phone in this condition. Not sure what is going on with this phone, but my provider obviously has no answers either :confused:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Back up your phone on a pc using smart switch and factory reset it, thats the best bet you can do right now. I also got this problem since july security patch. My S6 edge drains lots of battery even when in my pocket. Gonna factory reset soon.

Posted with ❤Love❤

tberman333

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Back up your phone on a pc using smart switch and factory reset it, thats the best bet you can do right now. I also got this problem since july security patch. My S6 edge drains lots of battery even when in my pocket. Gonna factory reset soon.

Posted with ❤Love❤
I think you may be right. I tried clearing there cashe, it made a little difference, but Android OS is still using the highest percentage (though my battery life improved from about 4 hours to 6 or 7). Maybe a factory reset will bring it back to lasting all day