S6: 1 antenna or 2?

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to check the rumored specs and extrapolate whether the Verizon S6 will have 1 antenna or 2? I often have to check things on the web or maps while talking on the phone. I can currently do this on my S4 with voice on CDMA and data on LTE. I was planning on jumping on the Moto Turbo (don't hold it against me) but haven't yet since it only has 1 antenna so can't do simultaneous voice+ data. In a month or two, it will use "Advanced Calling" to transmit voice over LTE, allowing voice and data at the same time. The BIG problem there is that if we lose 4G connectivity during the call, we drop the call. Currently if I go from 4G to 3G, I drop the data ability but at least keep the call.

So if the S6 will keep 2 radios, I may just have to wait for it. If the future brings 1 radio to all phones, starting with the S6, then that particular reason to wait becomes moot.

Any indications which way they will go? Even with published specs of current phones, how can we tell on paper if they have 1 radio or 2?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The Verizon S6 will almost certainly have only 1 antenna and rely on VoLTE or simultaneous voice and data - it's just the way they are going with all of their flagship phones.

Not loving it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez