Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung would be much better off to tone down TW, certainly some people are okay with it and for the most part it "works" but all of the crappy bloatware is the major issue.

I say still have those apps but have them available for download from the play store not mandatory on the phone.

Touch wiz has already been tone down sense the gs5 and more with my note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Each year before the release of the next Galaxy device, rumours come out stating TouchWiz is going to be optimized and updated.

The track record of these rumours hasn't been the greatest so I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt Samsung is going to make dramatic changes to TouchWiz, maybe remove a few older apps and change the colour scheme around but a minimalist version of TouchWiz is surely not happening. I hope it does but I'm doubting it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What old phone are you using anything from gs5 up like my note 4 runs like butter I happen to like TW I also have a moto G 2 Gen stock android and find it very boring even my gs4 runs like butter sense my kit Kat update

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I love Samsung devices but have no love for the TouchWiz launcher. I can't imagine it ever competing favorably to the alternatives.

from the✒ Note Pro 12.2 📒📡

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz is Sammy. Complaining about TouchWiz on a Samsung device is like coming to Michigan in February and complaining about the cold. If you don't like the cold, don't come here during winter. If you don't like TouchWiz, get something else. But for heaven's sake, don't keep complaining about the manufacturer using their own software. It's fair to be in an HTC, Apple, Motorola, LG forum and saying why you'll never consider Samsung, but to come into the Samsung forum in anticipation of the next device as though they're going to abandon their software? Might as well go to Alaska this weekend in anticipation of it being warm. To the question as to whether Samsung has gotten it?.... Don't they sell more phones worldwide than anyone? Maybe we as consumers should get the message... They, and seemingly their customers, like TouchWiz.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I personally do not despise TW. However as I say this, I do use Dodol Launcher on my Note 4. When I was rolling with TW, it was fine performance and eye candy wise though to me.

Now TW on my old, old Captivate - another story. It's come a long way.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
TouchWiz is Sammy. Complaining about TouchWiz on a Samsung device is like coming to Michigan in February and complaining about the cold.

That's inaccurate because the weather can't be controlled whereas Samsung can improve their software. People who use Samsung products and complain about TouchWiz have every right to do so, they should want a company to improve the experience on their device. The "love it or leave it stance" doesn't apply when Samsung has complete control over TouchWiz.

Samsung may sell more phones worldwide but that is not any indication that TouchWiz is a success. I would venture to say that most people probably don't care and don't even know what TouchWiz is or that different companies make their own launchers. However, people being ignorant, ill-informed, or uneducated on the matter doesn't make it a success or mean that it's great. They may sell more phones worldwide but Apple sells a ton of phones in the U.S. Does that mean that everyone should be happy with an iPhone if they live in the U.S.? No, saying that selling a high amount of something means that everyone should conform is wrong.

TouchWiz is definitely Samsung's baby but it's time for it to grow up. A flagship phone shouldn't stutter when going from home screen to home screen, the theme of software shouldn't clash with the underlying OS, software shouldn't be forced onto people and it should definitely have the option of being uninstalled (not just disabled), and software updates (their implementation of Android 5.0.0) shouldn't make a phone useless (I should be getting more than 10 hours of use with my Anker 7500 mAh battery case). It's not wrong for people to want improvements with their products.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Most people probably think Touchwiz IS Android considering that Samsung is by far the biggest seller of Android phones so Touchwiz is a success. Could it be improved? Yes, but at the same time, if you don't like it, just get another phone.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Recent reports suggest that this may, indeed, be the case as the word is that the S6 will come with a minimalist TW which is actually quite close to vanilla android (lollipop).

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! Now the real power of Samsung's hardware can shine through. Say goodbye to the notorious "Samsung lag."

Samsung Galaxy S6 to Feature Improved, Lightweight TouchWiz UI: Report | NDTV Gadgets

If so many people hate touchwiz why do they sell more phones then anyone else including apple this whole hate touchwiz has no bases to stand on and is starting to just sound like the hip thing to say

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If so many people hate touchwiz why do they sell more phones then anyone else including apple this whole hate touchwiz has no bases to stand on and is starting to just sound like the hip thing to say

I think most people don't even know what TouchWiz is.

G3 📱

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone here who has some deep rooted "hate" for TouchWiz would even consider buying a Samsung phone or even more inexplicably purchase one and then complain after the fact. There's a lot of choice when it comes to smartphones nowadays so why buy something you don't want in the first place?

I have no problem with TW but I use Nova as my launcher as I like the customizing I can do.

Really? You don't see it? Great hardware, beautiful screens, awesome materials, outstanding build materials, decent support, knee capped by the most bloated, hard to update version, lagstastic version of Android out there?

Without TouchCrap, the Galaxy lines is the king of the castle. Nothing like two version of everything to confuse and cause wake locks. Nice ugly colors. Nice jumbled quick pulldown screen. Nice lag caused by useless gestures that barely work. I love a weak antennae also. I could sacrifice some battery power to boost a signal, if I wasn't sacrificing my battery to power the Samsung Store, and it's 100000 apps constantly trying to work over the 1000 Google apps.

Yeah.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Most people probably think Touchwiz IS Android considering that Samsung is by far the biggest seller of Android phones so Touchwiz is a success. Could it be improved? Yes, but at the same time, if you don't like it, just get another phone.

But what about people who purchased a Samsung phone and want TouchWiz to be improved upon? What about people who want to buy Samsung hardware (which really is great) but are turned off by TouchWiz? It's easy to say "don't like it? don't get it" but we, as consumers and possibly future consumers, shouldn't settle with mediocrity from a company. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more from Samsung, wanting a software experience that matches their hardware.

There's plenty of reasons why people don't like TouchWiz. Plus your statement is incorrect when it comes to the U.S. Apple has more market share than Samsung in the U.S. So why aren't you using an iPhone? It's the most popular phone in the U.S. so every U.S. citizen (and anyone living in the U.S.) should just own an iPhone because it sells the most here, right? That type of mentality doesn't apply as high sales do not equate to high quality.

As previously pointed out (by me and others), most people don't even know what TouchWiz is or that Android is a slightly different experience across multiple devices. I've even heard some people call it "Apple's Android on my Samsung phone." The vast majority of people have zero clue. To them, ignorance is bliss. But that doesn't mean that TouchWiz can't be improved. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a flagship phone to stutter when swiping between home pages or scrolling through the app drawer. My S5 did that last year brand new out of the box and it still does it after upgrading to Android 5.0.0. The Google Now Launcher doesn't stutter so why is the TouchWiz launcher. There's also many areas where TouchWiz clashes with Material Design. TouchWiz has come a long way but there is still a large amount of room for improvement. Wanting that improvement doesn't mean that someone is trying to be "hip." It means that they want a better experience out of their smartphone and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is always improving the experience. My point isn't that they don't have to do anything about it, my point is that if it's such a bother to put up with it, there are other phones out there you can buy instead. A lot of people say, if they got rid of Touchwiz I would buy one. Well that's not realistic. And Samsung isn't hurting for sales, sure they aren't hitting projections, but they're still making a killing. Their strategy with Touchwiz is working just fine. Personally, I don't use the Touchwiz launcher. So, I don't have to deal with lag on my devices. I can understand why you would want them to improve that though.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why would you ever design a launcher that fails to go back to go (home) if you just keep rotating? I'm forced to use a launcher just to get this feature and get rid of things like Magazine that I don't want cluttering a screen and using data.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
im thinking about switching from iphone for the s6. the ONLY big thing thats not making it a 100% choice is touchwiz. i don't want touchwiz. i'd much rather have stock android.

its pretty obvious that samsung has received a huge backlash on touchwiz over the years, or why else would they bother to dial it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty