Has Samsung FINALLY Gotten The Mesage That People HATE TouchWiz?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Abybody with multiple screens is nuts to use a one way launcher. With 5 screens I'm only 2 swipes from any screen. You are 4 on tw

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
They should just release it as basically like the Google Play edition with minimal additions. If they did I would probably buy it.

Posted via the Android Central App

And why would sammy do that .If you want stock android just get yourself a nexus .TouchWiz is samsung and samsung is TouchWiz. IT'S pretty clear more people like TouchWiz are it wouldn't be the top selling android phone .Seems to me the only people that don't like TouchWiz are the ones that like to complain on this forum

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
And why would sammy do that .If you want stock android just get yourself a nexus .TouchWiz is samsung and samsung is TouchWiz. IT'S pretty clear more people like TouchWiz are it wouldn't be the top selling android phone .Seems to me the only people that don't like TouchWiz are the ones that like to complain on this forum

People like Samsung because of the hardware- not because of Touchwiz. They like it in SPITE of Touchwiz.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just wish touchwiz would scroll continually returning to home after going beyond the last screen. I like home in the middle with a screen on each side. I don't use the magazine so that screen to the left of home becomes useless. At least let me put apps there or a calendar

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
don't do it. I did and am sorry every morning when I pick up this peace of crap
im thinking about switching from iphone for the s6. the ONLY big thing thats not making it a 100% choice is touchwiz. i don't want touchwiz. i'd much rather have stock android.

its pretty obvious that samsung has received a huge backlash on touchwiz over the years, or why else would they bother to dial it back.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
don't do it. I did and am sorry every morning when I pick up this peace of crap

Well I ended up doing it and I regret it as well. Already preordered the iPhone 6s to get me out of this android/Samsung hellhole. I've resorted to using my old iPhone 5 again in the mean time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I ended up doing it and I regret it as well. Already preordered the iPhone 6s to get me out of this android/Samsung hellhole. I've resorted to using my old iPhone 5 again in the mean time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't choose the Android. The Android chooses you.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
And I love touchwiz. I hated it till the s5. The Note 4 made it a bit better. With lollipop. The latest version is even better. I love the new icon pack. As well as the speediness of it.

Yes the HTC sense is faster. Stock android is smoother. But there's something unique about touchwiz.

All it lacks is the smoothness of stock android. And I know it's only a matter of months. Android M will be a lot smoother.

Samsung has started doing things right.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There's options that 3rd party launchers offer that TW prolly will never offer. The 3rd party launchers are for the enthusiasts that appreciates them. I use Nova Prime on both Samsung devices and non Samsung devices. It allows to easily copy my complete desktop layout from a Note 4 to a Nexus 6... and from a Nexus 6 to a G3. So if I want, all my phones can very easily look exactly like this: http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/e2ace7e8552b02dce3d9f876bf7310e8.jpg All I can say WOW. Share with is the source and settings. Love the icons and wallpaper. Yours may have just saved a s6 from its grave. I have Nova prime but that's all
or this
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/20/6e6798ca570e65b9a58c313c7b62d493.jpg
or whatever else my crazy little brain conjurs up.

Nova also allows you to have multiple independent backups that you can restore at will... so you can have one icon pack and desktop layout one day and restore another favorite the next day. Nova allows you to completely specify the desktop grid and allows sub-grid positioning so you can get the precise layout you want... and then there's all the gestures, the infinite coloring of icon labels. ... and on and on and on.

Now matter how much they slim down TouchWiz it will NEVER have all the options this enthusiast has come to rely on.

It's funny, everytime I take my phone into the AT&T store for whatever reason they always ask me questions like, "Is your phone rooted, that's cool, how'd you do that? Hey Bob look at this!" ... and I'm thinking, "You really should get out more."

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use it too. I wish somehow it could save widget settings. All it really does is hold a space for the widgets you still have to set them up. I use several so it is kind of a pita. Still, it is nice all my folders come over with all the apps in them where I want them. Nova Prime is the way to go. I hate how none of the stock launchers allow you to return to screen 1 if you continue to scroll past the last screen.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
People like Samsung because of the hardware- not because of Touchwiz. They like it in SPITE of Touchwiz.

I know a lot of people, ones that wouldn't visit a forum, who love touch wiz...I myself came back to Samsung from Nexus specifically for some of the Samsung type features. People like touchwiz, what was done for S6 and beyond to the latest phones was needed badly. Samsung has done a fantastic job imo, I have no issues with touchwiz anymore, I use Nova mainly because I can modify my icons...otherwise TW is pretty awesome nowadays.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone want a glorified TW Ad screen on the left that you cannot replace nor scroll through? Nova is SO much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter