Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Way to go Samsung!

or a year or two down the road you want to sell your phone, and the battery can't hold a charge and you lose $200-300.
or you could just sell it in a year when the S7 comes out and the battery is still perfect.

or when you need to pop in a 10000mAh battery for a long trip with now power supply.

or you could just buy an external battery pack for extended trips that works for more than one device

worst part, it doesn't have to. Samsung could have release two variates, one with functionality, one with looks.

Samsung might still release a "rugged" version that's waterproof and / or has removable battery.

If Note 5 turns out to be like s6, note 3/4 will be the last samsung smartphone I own.

Note 4 is a Beast.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Agree, Note 4 is a large device. Which is why my dad asked me to sell his Note 4 and get him a S6 (non edge)

Wonder if samsung will offer something like Applecare or MotoCare where you can buy it to cover stuff like battery issues etc.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I won't be considering it because of lack of SD. Now that I'm facing factory resets due to lollipop I really see the value in microsd cards for storing media.

Has anybody thought about going to Samsungs site on Facebook and talking to them.
Telling them what you don't like about the phones.
You will be talking directly to them. And not wasting your time being unhappy on a forum.

I do not get on Facebook. So I can't contact them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff either. However, if all the OEM eventually stop producing phones with removables I'll adjust. I might not be happy at first but I'll adjust.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff either. However, if all the OEM eventually stop producing phones with removables I'll adjust. I might not be happy at first but I'll adjust.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

Slow beat down into submission.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oceanne

Banned
Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

No matter what, different people will have different opinions.Sammy must have done something right this time cause it had people talking over a bowl of soup, either in tears or in elation. Hey, the idea is not bad after all. I'm a fan so.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I have never been an avid proponent of Samsung. However this time I feel Samsung has really done it right.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Agree, Note 4 is a large device. Which is why my dad asked me to sell his Note 4 and get him a S6 (non edge)

Wonder if samsung will offer something like Applecare or MotoCare where you can buy it to cover stuff like battery issues etc.
Dream come true. Charge more for phone and make it easier to break so you can charge for "warranty"

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

♻from the Note 4✒ ??????

I think every one will be pleasantly surprised. In exchange for two features, we are getting premium materials, a great screen in sunlight, faster more efficient processor, UFS 2.0 storage, great camera in low light with auto HD/OIS with 4k video and fast autofocus, dual wireless charging standards without having to buy new equipment, dual mobile payment systems in the same device, better LTE radio, and better sounding external speaker.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Dream come true. Charge more for phone and make it easier to break so you can charge for "warranty"

It's only easy to break if you don't understand how to handle and take care of $800 devices.
An OPTION for a warranty is never a bad thing. Insurance thru the carrier is a complete Rip off.

If the device is too delicate for you, you have the option to buy other devices or you could spend what the warranty costs, on a case that's thick as a brick as well.
I do not use cases. Hate them.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

It's only easy to break if you don't understand how to handle and take care of $800 devices.
An OPTION for a warranty is never a bad thing. Insurance thru the carrier is a complete Rip off.

If the device is too delicate for you, you have the option to buy other devices or you could spend what the warranty costs, on a case that's thick as a brick as well.
I do not use cases. Hate them.

What do you suggest for a warranty? Just curious. I always go with the carrier. If there is a better way I'd like to know.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

What do you suggest for a warranty? Just curious. I always go with the carrier. If there is a better way I'd like to know.

Further back I was asking if Samsung was going to offer something like Applecare for an iPhone.

Applecare is way cheaper than carrier insurance. $99, no taxes, $79 deductible. Covers 2 accidents. 24 months.

Motorola offers Moto Care for $129.99 and $39 deductible, covers 3 incidents. 24 months.

I actually just checked Samsung's web site and for the Note 4 Edge, they offer $129 Samsung Protection Plus, $95 deductible and covers 3 incidents. 24 months.

I have good things about Square, although I haven't done the research to know how good it is.

Carrier insurance is basically $10 per month on VZW and AT&T so after 24 months, that's $240, and that's with zero incidents.
Carrier insurance charges $169 deductible per incident on cheap devices and $199 per incident on high end devices.
As prices keep going up on devices, I look for that deductible to increase.

The one thing carrier insurance does cover that the other don't is Lost or Stolen. But I don't worry about that. My phone is in my hand or in my pocket, or on my desk charging.
Impossible to be stolen unless I collapse in public and someone steals it out of my pocket while I lay on the concrete dying.
In which case, I most likely have more worries than my stolen phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez