Samsung Galaxy S6 Would you buy as soon as it comes out?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
...or would you wait for the initial bumps to be ironed out? Is it worth waiting for the new release issues to be resolved with the first update?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Would you buy as soon as it comes out...

For me, it depends upon if AT&T will allow me to grade a week earlier so that I get the two year price and my current device resale value. In the past, I have always been an early adopter whether it be RIM and now Samsung.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I'll be getting it day one. I'll have to pay full price cause my upgrade isn't until May. Once May comes I'll just buy one on contract and sell it to recoup my money

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm not eligible for upgrade until mid-June. By then hopefully it will have dropped from the release price, and I'll get a 64GB model - if available by then.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

If I had an upgrade available, then yup I'd get this day one. But I'm not due until August, so I'll probably wait. I wouldn't plan on a price drop by that point, but I'm hoping there will be an update or two by then to work out any bugs in the OS.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm not eligible for upgrade until mid-June. By then hopefully it will have dropped from the release price, and I'll get a 64GB model - if available by then.

As an early adopter, I got the base storage model and stuck a card in it to expand the storage. I too am interested in the 64GB. Given the uproar over the lack of expandable storage, I hope that the base and mid-level models drop at the same time. If not, I can wait.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

If I had an upgrade available, then yup I'd get this day one. But I'm not due until August, so I'll probably wait. I wouldn't plan on a price drop by that point, but I'm hoping there will be an update or two by then to work out any bugs in the OS.

Posted via Android Central App

Same here, no upgrade till September, but if i had one, i'd buy it day one. However yes, having to wait will be really nice to pick one up sans initial bugs.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

Day One. I hope T-Mobile carries all the colors. I have a feeling White/Black will be readily available while the others limited.

Question: I'll be getting new service with T-Mo. How is their financing plan? If I pay it off before the 24/mo am I automatically eligible?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to wait a week or two and see how the reviews are.

In years past, I have always been there when the doors opened to get the next device but I'm also waiting for info on the G4.

At least that's the plan for now.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Day One. I hope T-Mobile carries all the colors. I have a feeling White/Black will be readily available while the others limited.

Question: I'll be getting new service with T-Mo. How is their financing plan? If I pay it off before the 24/mo am I automatically eligible?

If you just do a straight up EIP (finance) you are eligible as soon as you pay it off. That's what I do... I bought the note 4 and nexus 6 this way, same line.... I just paid off the note 4 before buying the nexus 6.

Your other options is JUMP. It is ten bucks extra a month. It includes full insurance... So if you want that then their is no reason to avoid jump. With jump, once you pay 50% of the phone,you trade it in for a new phone of your choice and start over.

I always sell my phones to pay all of most of the cost of my new phone. I also use cheaper options for insurance,so I avoid jump. It might be great for you though.

Oh yeah... Day one from tmobile if possible. I want the green edge, 64 g, but may settle for 128 if I have to.

Posted via the Android Central App

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

If you just do a straight up EIP (finance) you are eligible as soon as you pay it off. That's what I do... I bought the note 4 and nexus 6 this way, same line.... I just paid off the note 4 before buying the nexus 6.

Your other options is JUMP. It is ten bucks extra a month. It includes full insurance... So if you want that then their is no reason to avoid jump. With jump, once you pay 50% of the phone,you trade it in for a new phone of your choice and start over.

I always sell my phones to pay all of most of the cost of my new phone. I also use cheaper options for insurance,so I avoid jump. It might be great for you though.

Oh yeah... Day one from tmobile if possible. I want the green edge, 64 g, but may settle for 128 if I have to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Good call. $40 a month is a little steep for a phone. Are square-trade warranties worth it?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I almost always wait for a good price drop. I usually stay around year behind technology. Still using the Note 2.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Day one from T-mobile also. I'll be pre-ordering whenever that's available. Black 64gb. I usually wait a while, this will be the first time Im getting a phone on launch day.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Good call. $40 a month is a little steep for a phone. Are square-trade warranties worth it?
I have not used Square Trade. But have heard a lot of good things from people who have and recommend it over carrier/retailer insurance options.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm an early adopter so I'll be getting it the first day. I used AT&T Next to get an S5, but I sold it, so Ill have to pay $420 to get an early upgrade. I can get that easily by selling my Z3.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I'll be grabbing it as soon as I can from T-Mobile, unless I hear rumbles that T-Mo might get the Active version. The bigger battery is appealing, otherwise a Lifeproof case will probably do the trick, and the Active is usually AT&T-only anyway.

I'm waiting for inevitable thread hijack by the Brotherhood of United Removables for the Public. Otherwise known as B.U.R.P. :cool:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it really matters when you get it. This device is going to in great demand. Interest will really take when people see what they are getting in return for giving up a couple of features that will be missed less with each new iteration.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Its all about storage capacity, if they string us along with 32/64 and then offer 128 two months later I will be ticked by the delay and won't jump on it day one. If we get all 3 storage options but color is limited on the S6 Edge then I will very likely get it color not being a huge and yet disappointing factor. I would like green, but AT&T may not even offer it so I would then have to weigh the other colors offered.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Its all about storage capacity, if they string us along with 32/64 and then offer 128 two months later I will be ticked by the delay and won't jump on it day one. If we get all 3 storage options but color is limited on the S6 Edge then I will very likely get it color not being a huge and yet disappointing factor. I would like green, but AT&T may not even offer it so I would then have to weigh the other colors offered.

I am in the same boat. If they offer at least the 32GB and the 64GB from the jump, then I am in. Pretty sure black sapphire will one of the colors easiest to get.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

I have not used Square Trade. But have heard a lot of good things from people who have and recommend it over carrier/retailer insurance options.

Peachy, thanks for the heads up. $5 a month is much more palatable. Asurion has a monopoly on carrier insurance. It's going to cost $150 to replace my work iPhone 5c. BullS&it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress