S6/S6 Edge VIOLENT drop test

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Agree...I'd pay for a few new phones before I lug around a clunker. To each their own tho, that's why there's so many case options out there.

Hey don't be disrespecting my case choices LOL. It may not look pretty but if you are as challenged from a hand eye coordination peersepctive, meaning I am klutz. The first time you drop it down three flights of stairs and you pick it and there isn't a scratch on it . When I go to resale, often asked if it really ever got taken out of the box.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey don't be disrespecting my case choices LOL. It may not look pretty but if you are as challenged from a hand eye coordination peersepctive, meaning I am klutz. The first time you drop it down three flights of stairs and you pick it and there isn't a scratch on it . When I go to resale, often asked if it really ever got taken out of the box.

My phone's been dropped more times than a hot potato and it's still ticking. Of course it looks like it's been through WWIII but that's never mattered to me, it just needs to keep working!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm imagining all kinds of situations to associate with this video and its too funny

- Found out her boyfriend cheated on her
- Found out she didnt make the cheerleading squad
- She read on Samsung Magazine app that Justin Beiber cancelled his tour
- She just realized she forgot to eat breakfast this morning
- She realized that she got the S6 Edge instead of the regular S6

Maybe she had to read the battery life brigade and their circular firing squad posts and got fed up.

Maybe she was upset that device optimization and performance were being overlooked in favor of the battery results.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm imagining all kinds of situations to associate with this video and its too funny

- Found out her boyfriend cheated on her
- Found out she didnt make the cheerleading squad
- She read on Samsung Magazine app that Justin Beiber cancelled his tour
- She just realized she forgot to eat breakfast this morning
- She realized that she got the S6 Edge instead of the regular S6

She got frustrated trying to find the SD slot?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Impressive, but still gonna put a case on it if I get one.

Which is not likely as it doesn't meet my usage requirements. Sorry Samsung. Better luck next time. :/

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
URBAN ARMOR GEAR, This is the only case you'll need!

Slim, Rugged Protection - UAG Maverick Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 – URBAN ARMOR GEAR

B00SXFEAKA.MAIN_1024x1024.png

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My Note 3, 4, and Note Edge are currently happy in UAG cases, 2 of them Mavericks. Its a nice balance, IMO, between protection and style.

??????♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒??????

Do the cases come with a screen protector? How deep is the cutout for the camera bubble?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do the cases come with a screen protector? How deep is the cutout for the camera bubble?

The cases for my Note 3 and Note 4 came with screen protectors but I already had tempered glass. The camera cut-outs are certainly deep enough to keep the glass way off the surface.

626955f7c6914917ac6d4620d01ce763.jpg

Also, each corner has a little 'foot' that keeps the whole thing off a flat surface. I'm normally a Tech 21 loyalist but I'm pleased with these UAG cases.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Good going Corning more appropriately.

Cool to see.. if the new GG is that tough, the whole industry is going to benefit.
I'd like to see the GG have the hardness of sapphire without the brittleness. I think Corning will get there.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Fake... The video is 28 secs. If you watch from the beginning the time on the phone just turns to 12:11 from 12:10. After she picks up the phone the time changed to 12:12 before the 28 second video ended.

Posted via Android Central App

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Fake... The video is 28 secs. If you watch from the beginning the time on the phone just turns to 12:11 from 12:10. After she picks up the phone the time changed to 12:12 before the 28 second video ended.

This may not prove it's a fake. Someone in the YouTube comment section brought this up. One of the replies indicates that the time widget may simply have updated when the screen turned on (since it doesn't update while the screen is off). So while it looked like the time just turned 12:11 at the start of the video, it might have been closer to 12:12.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

People are saying that's touch wiz lag with the clock widget, and that it was already some time past 12:11 and almost 12:12 when she did that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see them drop the phone on a rough surface like asphalt.

Because that usually causes glass screens to crack. Time to see how strong Gorilla Glass 4 really is.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How many people do you know or have heard that has broke their screen glass in the last year or two ?

I have to stick all this stuff in my pocket.
I'm gonna put one of the glass screen protector that looks like a plastic screen on my Samsung S6.
Other than that its going Naked.
No armor case. And nothing to go crazy about.. Think I'm gonna put some insurance on it.
And from there I ain't worrying about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo