Give me your opinion on the "White Pearl" Galaxy S6

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I find that the black border contrasts better with a vivid screen (such as the GS6) thats why I picked black sapp for mine :)

I picked the white because it looks high $, and with a thin clear case it should look pretty stately and luxurious.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had white and black before. I went with black for this phone since I liked how it looked more than the white when viewing from different angles.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ All

Lets get back on topic and give some productive feedback or discussion on the theory behind the white phone, lets drop the whole " white is for females " etc.. Its borderline discrimination and not something we need to get into here. If we can't respect that then I'll close the thread down.

Thank you

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the pearl white on this phone and even more so on the Edge looks very sleek and futuristic. If that even makes sense lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I happen to like pearl white cars, very sharp and eye catching, I just opted for the Sapphire Black on mine this time.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm coming from a white S3 and that's the main reason I'm getting the black version this time. I had a black phone before that and that's why I wanted a white one last time. It's fun to switch it up.

My wife will be getting the white and I admit the white looks real nice on this phone. It doesn't show fingerprints as much either. Plus, if you use a case, white usually complements any color case.

So even though I'm going with black, I have to admit the white one is a pretty sweet looking phone, whether you're a male or female.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I looked at it again and really don't care for the white. The Sapphire is where it's at

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought...if my teenage son and I were to choose a color, he would be more likely to pick the white as he did when he had a GS4. He said it was more cool and not old school and mainstream being for older people like me. I am of course getting the black sapphire GS6.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Nearly every written and video review of the S6 is with a white version. Even the demo unit at my local AT&T store was white. With so much exposure, it's hard to not believe that white is the"in" color this year. I've always owned a black or silver colored phone, but I'm considering getting a white S6 on Friday. Because I'll probably get a case for it, most of the body will be covered so I can always change the color of the exterior of the phone except for the face. So, it's either white or black for me...I may need to flip a coin to decide!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Nearly every written and video review of the S6 is with a white version. Even the demo unit at my local AT&T store was white. With so much exposure, it's hard to not believe that white is the"in" color this year. I've always owned a black or silver colored phone, but I'm considering getting a white S6 on Friday. Because I'll probably get a case for it, most of the body will be covered so I can always change the color of the exterior of the phone except for the face. So, it's either white or black for me...I may need to flip a coin to decide!

I love that Pearl White but went with the Black Sapphire instead. :p

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Would have preferred blue color, but since we don't have that option had to choose between white and black. Gold was not an option since I wanted the phone asap and couldn't wait. So between black and white went with the latter since it will show less fingerprints and smudges than the black version.

Posted via the Android Central App

quietkvj

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Would have preferred blue color, but since we don't have that option had to choose between white and black. Gold was not an option since I wanted the phone asap and couldn't wait. So between black and white went with the latter since it will show less fingerprints and smudges than the black version.

I ordered the gold, but I am very concerned about the fingerprints after seeing it in videos. White is always my go to though.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

No offense. The blue takes me back to days when Samsung first interdicted the slider phone that was my sons first phone. It does look awesome. I want the platinum one but went with the black sapphire. They, to me, look great and are symbolic of the new direction of Samsung Galaxy devices.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
VZW started pre-orders, no? Why wouldn't they be in stores?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Yeah, I went to the Red Devil yesterday (corp store no less) and they had zero out for the S6. When I told him I was simply there to look at the S6 he replied with "Oh, that phone doesn't come out for a while." When I told him it was out this Friday, he said "we probably won't have it for a while after release."

I just turned and walked out.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I went to the Red Devil yesterday (corp store no less) and they had zero out for the S6. When I told him I was simply there to look at the S6 he replied with "Oh, that phone doesn't come out for a while." When I told him it was out this Friday, he said "we probably won't have it for a while after release."

I just turned and walked out.

Sounds no different then any other Verizon store. How they hire these brain dead morons is beyond me. If you work in a phone store you would think you would know a little something about phones. The guy was probably applying the "Special Sauce" to the Big Mac on his last job. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty