Samsung Pay

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I was curious to try it before I sold my S6 but with AT&T not pushing the 5.1.1 & Samsung pay update yet I have a feeling I won't get to at least play with it a bit :/

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was curious to try it before I sold my S6 but with AT&T not pushing the 5.1.1 & Samsung pay update yet I have a feeling I won't get to at least play with it a bit :/

AT&T will probably push 5.1.1 and Samsung Pay at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Samsung pay beta and it works perfectly. Its one of the big reasons I bought the s6. No more wallet for me.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
AT&T will probably push 5.1.1 and Samsung Pay at the same time.

Yup, but since My S6 goes off to Samsung for repair on Monday and then once it gets back it's getting sold so I won't even be able to try it. That is, if AT&T even releases it on Monday.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like either AMEX or Samsung is turning on some switches in the background in preparation of Monday's launch. Was just able to add my Blue Cash Preferred card.

Still can't add my Chase Sapphire however.

Haven't yet tried using the AMEX in a transaction however to know if it's fully functional just yet but I'd assume if I could add it, it's working.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded 5.1.1 and SP is working fine. Ran to the convenience store this a.m. just to try it out.

However, it seems to be monopolizing the IR port as peel won't work unless I force stop Samsung pay.

Gotham444

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the beta for a few days and it's worked everywhere. Burger King, Lowes, Denny's, some mom and pop shops. It's awesome. I haven't been denied at a checkout yet. The cashiers are amazed that it works.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I prepaid for my gas inside the store with my Samsung pay because I truly stopped carrying my wallet.
The cashier thought I had the old technology phone with nfc only and tried to correct me and pointed at the nfc pad and told me to tap it there. But as he was finishing his sentence, he realized that the the transaction already had gone thru. Lol

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Android Pay lets me use my fingerprint lock screen, not a password or pin lock screen. Fingerprint lock screen shouldn't disable the BT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's not that it disables BT, it just doesn't let you initiate a call or text without first unlocking the screen.

jhisey

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This really sucks I was so happy about the release of samsung pay and then they don't even have that many banks it's crazy. When android pay came out they had way more

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This really sucks I was so happy about the release of samsung pay and then they don't even have that many banks it's crazy. When android pay came out they had way more

They are different in the way they are setup to work. Android pay transmits your original card number through NFC. Samsung Pay creates a virtual card that is linked to your bank account, from within your bank.

In short, it's all got to do with virtual cards and the system on which the banks manage all this new and extra information.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
I've used mine at Lowes, Home Depot, McDonald, Hardees, Dollar Generals, Mapco, Delta, Sudden Service, Sppedway, WalMart, Walgreens, CVS, several independent businesses.

Every has worked for me beside once at Walmart and half the time my actual card has to be swiped several times to get it to go through.

Idk if an update came through, but last week or so, the transactions seem to be hitting a lot quicker. Before, it would take 1/2 to 3/4 of the time allotted for it to take. Now by the time it can vibrate more than once it's gone through.

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
They are different in the way they are setup to work. Android pay transmits your original card number through NFC. Samsung Pay creates a virtual card that is linked to your bank account, from within your bank.

In short, it's all got to do with virtual cards and the system on which the banks manage all this new and extra information.

Both Android Pay and Samsung Pay use tokenization with virtual cards. You can add more cards to Android Pay at the moment, but not all are fully supported requiring you to enter a secondary authorization PIN and you may not get proper rewards or points.

I took that directly from Android Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana