Who's waiting for the gold S6?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just saw the gold edge at AT&T. It does look nice, however, it is a HUGE FINGERPRINT MAGNET. It shows every little fingerprint, even on the front of the display. I am very disappointed in this. Now, I am reconsidering what color I get.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just saw the gold edge at AT&T. It does look nice, however, it is a HUGE FINGERPRINT MAGNET. It shows every little fingerprint, even on the front of the display. I am very disappointed in this. Now, I am reconsidering what color I get.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Definitely. Of the three colors, I was expecting the black sapphire to show fingerprints more, but the gold platinum is really the worst of the three when it comes to fingerprints.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So did you see the Gold in person, where at? The fingerprints are really that bad? Now you have me concerned about making the decision to get the Gold vs Black. I figured there would be some fingerprints from seeing some early reviewers of the colors and showing them off, but was hoping it wouldn't be that bad.

Definitely. Of the three colors, I was expecting the black sapphire to show fingerprints more, but the gold platinum is really the worst of the three when it comes to fingerprints.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I didn't expect it to "always be chrome" looking. It looks far more reflective than the black or white in my opinion. Almost distracting.

I knew it would be reflective, but man, it's really​ reflective.

I'm hoping that it's really more platinum/chrome than gold. But if it's distracting maybe I'll pass...not crazy about the black sapphire color though, I'd prefer straight black. This is why I'm waiting to see it in the stores.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
So did you see the Gold in person, where at? The fingerprints are really that bad? Now you have me concerned about making the decision to get the Gold vs Black. I figured there would be some fingerprints from seeing some early reviewers of the colors and showing them off, but was hoping it wouldn't be that bad.

Won't a screen protector mitigate some of those fingerprints?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that it's really more platinum/chrome than gold. But if it's distracting maybe I'll pass...not crazy about the black sapphire color though, I'd prefer straight black. This is why I'm waiting to see it in the stores.

I agree, I would have also preferred straight black (looks so awesome when the display is off, but not quite as awesome on the S6).

That would depend on the screen protector itself, but it could help with that.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Almost distracting...it's really​ reflective.

The more I think about this aspect the more I'm concerned. I always thought it might be a bit much when looking at the pictures, the last thing I want to see as I use it is my face looking back at me. Guess I wait until the feedback gets rolling on this next month...sigh...another month, ugh. Seemed like such a cool look.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I saw both in person at Best Buy. Indoors, I could definitely notice the fingerprints more on the gold than the black. If you a have a chance, you should stop by a store to check them out since all three colors are on display.

A matte clear skin for the back will help mitigate the fingerprints.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw both in person at Best Buy. Indoors, I could definitely notice the fingerprints more on the gold than the black. If you a have a chance, you should stop by a store to check them out since all three colors are on display.

A matte clear skin for the back will help mitigate the fingerprints.

I'll put it in a case, so, finger print is not an issue :)
Too bad, my local bb don't have any gold on display :(

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting, I've had nothing but black phones ever. If it's more gold I'll stick with the black, I need to see it in person before purchasing.

Well the gold gs6 is at bb for all to see so stop in to me it looks more gold sliver I like it ordered a 32 gigs phone

Posted via the Android Central App

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey man so what were you really expecting? If you look at pic someone posted above in this forum it looks awesome! Its supposed to be a goldish chrome from what i have read, your comments do concern me as I have pre-ordered Gold and waiting. Just really trying to understand what you were expecting and it didn't look good at all? Also did you happen to notice finger prints , did it attract me on back?

just saw it today and can echo what others are saying - VERY reflective. WAY more fingerprints than white, and more than black too. I'm reconsidering my color choice -- hoping its just the lighting in best buy that makes this thing so shiny and most situations it'll appear more tame. these should be getting in some peoples hands this week -- hopefully they'll report back on their thoughts

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just wandered over to the ATT Wireless website for business...

Found this interesting:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...evices/samsung-galaxy-s-6.page&token=_Pc9FNPO

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/samsung-galaxy-s-6-edge.page&token=FTeq685N

You'll notice that the only Gold available to order is 64GB.
You'll also notice that they don't even list 128GB for the non-edge.
Finally, you'll see that 32GB are obviously not in stock.

Also, I see Amazon shows a release date of 4/27 on AT&T, which you all probably already knew anyway.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If anyone gets theirs before Wednesday, please post pictures. Some I see online with alot of overhead light makes it extremely reflective. Just like to see normal indoor lighting photos of this device. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87