Samsung Galaxy S6 Going back to Windows phone.

S6ER

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Awesome rebuttal! What was his reasons for trying to steer you away? I hate when salesmen try to impose their bias on a customer. Especially when they weren't even asked for their opinion! Just give me the info on the phone if I ask your opinion give me an unbiased professional opinion! This is your job for goodness sake! Not fanboy politics discussion hour. Lol

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge??????(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

I cant remember the exact phone. It might be the new LG. I'm thinking he was trying to neg the idea because the S6 has a sealed battery with no SD card. I can care less about an SD card. More than one way to skin a cat and I dont care about the battery as long as it last almost 2 days.

Other than that he was alright. I forgave him once he placed the S6 in the palm of my hands. Cloud 9 happened

DavidTechGuy

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Going back to Windows phone.

Android is my favorite mobile OS, I use multiple gmail accounts on my Galaxy S5 and it works great. Windows Phone isn't bad though. Just wish it had more apps available and a better UI...

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I've only had 2 Windows phones in my entire life and both were Nokias. They were both returned to the store within the next couple days of purchase, and its almost like the reps there already knew what I was doing before I walked through the door. You know, that "I told you so" attitude. The 2nd time the manager even waived the restocking fee without me even asking. I was a little shocked because the phone seemed like it was selling OK but once I messed around on the app store I knew exactly why. Apps didn't even feel like apps, but more like a webapp with a wrapper. I think it was mostly because everything was so flat. Nothing "popped" and to me it just wasn't acceptable. Everybody in the store agreed.

One thing I really did enjoy about it was the keyboard. Man oh man I wish I could have that EXACT keyboard on my S6. I would be in heaven.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Awesome rebuttal! What was his reasons for trying to steer you away? I hate when salesmen try to impose their bias on a customer. Especially when they weren't even asked for their opinion! Just give me the info on the phone if I ask your opinion give me an unbiased professional opinion! This is your job for goodness sake! Not fanboy politics discussion hour. Lol

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge������(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Agreed. I mean I don't mind if they try once or whatever (they have to push things -- it is their job and it is human nature to push what they like) but .. They also need to respect when the response is no and not press the issue :).

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Going back to Windows phone.

Although I've been experiencing some small aesthetic bugs on my Android email apps (especially Gmail), I never really had a problem with multiple emails on my Android account when it comes to functionality.

I've always wanted to try out WP for myself, but the lack of apps that I use on a regular basis (esp. Creation apps) is still hindering me. Whatever works for you, I hope you will be happy with your choice. ;)

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Apps didn't even feel like apps, but more like a webapp with a wrapper.

That's pretty much what a lot of them are; web wrappers.

One thing I really did enjoy about it was the keyboard. Man oh man I wish I could have that EXACT keyboard on my S6.

I agree with you here. IMHO the WP keyboard is the best stock keyboard. Android's is great as well. I HATE the iOS keyboard (anything without the sliding feature is automatically out)! I use Swiftkey on Android, which I like even better than WP's. But stock? Give me WP's offering.

YanivC

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess that theory goes out the window now with project Astoria. Basically there will be almost no app on android or ios that does not exist on windows phone. No matter what anyone says to detract from Android, what it accomplished has been truly impressive and monumental. With that said... it is still a crappy OS. It still lags, still stutters and requires a NASA level computer to run it haveway smooth. Throwing hardware at the problem is not a solution! Windows phone can run on a 5 year old chip with 500MB of ram and barely a stutter, come on folks... were not talking about preferences, were talking facts here.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Uuuuuhhhhgggg! I can't do android, wp, or ios anymore!!! They all suck compared to the Samsung instinct! Don't remember the OS but man, it was the bomb!

Honestly, i like all platforms as they keep things in check.i just prefer android.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Best of luck. I got a brand new Titan II a few years ago running Windows 7.5 and it was an amazing device. It was fast fluid and responsive but unless you don't use apps on the phone you will miss Android or Apple phones. After awhile I was miserable and couldn't wait to go back to my Android phone. The apps DO make the difference if you actually use them that's for sure.

The Galaxy S6 is a hell of a device. That's what pretty much everyone has said at least. I'm battling with my best judgment whether to purchase the S6 or G4 at this time. Other than those 2 phones nothing else catches my attention.

Choose wisely

.: Sent from my 'Android til I die' Phone or Tablet :.

gavram

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just moved to an S6 after being on WP for a few years and there is a lot I miss that others have mentioned - more fluid OS, more seamless email & calendar experience, more interactive/personalized start screen. S6 Fingerprint scanner is really nice though and I couldn't do without the apps any longer. Notifications are a mixed bag for me..really like how each app service can have its own settings but wish they were more centrally managed.

The perfect smartphone hasn't been invented yet. We need elements from iOS, Android, and WP to come together. Also need a device with high quality feel, removable battery, sd external, thin, water/dirt proof, drop proof, 3 day battery, & ability to seamlessly play voice & video on all modern car radios, TV's, PC's, and gaming consoles.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Windows 7/7.5/8 we're awesome minus the crappy apps. 8.1 has removed all that made windows phone os unique and cool. Windows 10 doesn't go in the right direction, too bad I had high hopes.

I'll stick with Android for the next long while.

diaperback

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had a Windows Phone for the past two years and bought an S6 last week. I wanted to stick with WP, but the app situation got to me as well as the lack of a flagship with a superior camera on ATT. So far, I'm impressed with the hardware, but I'm having some trouble learning the flow of the Android OS and how to optimize it. I've gotten poor battery life so far on this phone. I prefer WP's wordflow keyboard, start screen, navigation, services. I'm hoping Windows 10 solves the app situation because as of right now, I can't wait to ditch Android. If only iOS had a back button and didn't have iTunes.
Anyways, these are just my thoughts. Haven't really had the phone too long, so I can't give a reasonable comparison yet. Hopefully some of you veterans can help with battery life settings.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The smoothest and most consistent android phone I have used is HTC M8, the nexus phones are probably even smoother. The Sony Z3 has amazing battery life. The S6 has an amazing screen. The S6 and G4 have brilliant cameras. I will admit that there is no perfect android phone but android is getting so very close.

dreaming of electric sheep

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Windows Phone for the past two years and bought an S6 last week. I wanted to stick with WP, but the app situation got to me as well as the lack of a flagship with a superior camera on ATT. So far, I'm impressed with the hardware, but I'm having some trouble learning the flow of the Android OS and how to optimize it. I've gotten poor battery life so far on this phone. I prefer WP's wordflow keyboard, start screen, navigation, services. I'm hoping Windows 10 solves the app situation because as of right now, I can't wait to ditch Android. If only iOS had a back button and didn't have iTunes.
Anyways, these are just my thoughts. Haven't really had the phone too long, so I can't give a reasonable comparison yet. Hopefully some of you veterans can help with battery life settings.
For the keyboard I recommend SwiftKey.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&token=bfXtM6SU

HERE Maps is available for Android. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.here.app.maps&token=ggvymNCp

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I owned a windows smartphone. Worst and most limited phone I've ever owned.

Agreed. While it has some unique cool ideas, those died with 8.1 and now it's nothing more than a wannabe Android with a skin. And let's not get into how frequent you have to micro manage the battery, Android has some problems sure but windows is a whole other level of frustration from my 2.5 years experience.

I spent years defending it against apple and android fan boys, and other than the camera would always fail side by side.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
That's the only problem I see with Windows Phone, no app support. All else is pretty awesome. Now with Samsung Galaxy S6 and most importantly the LG G4 they are upping the camera quality making Windows Phone obsolete.

Honestly if I owned the company I would sell it off while I still can.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Actually the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active will have a better battery. I would return that Galaxy S6 and go off for the Active version or the LG G4.

See below:

http://www.cnet.com/news/alleged-samsung-galaxy-s6-active-specs-and-images-surface/

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
As of now the Galaxy S6 Active leak shows it for AT&T. It's not a for sure thing for any other carriers