Samsung Galaxy S6 Going back to Windows phone.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
As someone who used Windows Phone, I have to wholeheartedly disagree. But hey...that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Posted via the Android Central App

Darelas

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I can solve your entire list almost.

Crashing apps: easily solved by paying more attention to Play Store ratings. It's ridiculously easy nowadays by shopping for the best products. You wouldn't buy a crappy rated item in a store, so why would you buy a badly rated app? Android doesn't crash apps, badly written apps crash apps. And even the folks on Windows Central all complain about the bad quality and quantity of the Windows Store apps so I don't know how this is even an argument.

Bad battery life: totally depends on which manufacturer you buy from. Xperia and Note phones have incredible battery life. Many others are average. Very few are "bad" and those are usually budget phones.

Inconsistent design: this is better now than it ever has been. And what diffences exist now are usually nice differences (meaning variety of choice). With WP and iOS you get one flavor only. Some people prefer that. Some don't.

Lag. Yep you're right. Of the 3 OSs, Android is the least smooth. Barely. But it also boasts more capabilities than the other two. It's a trade-off so I'll call this a tie.

Now here's one thing I can't solve for you: the lack of apps on WP. Some defenders of WP always use the same excuse, that the essential apps are there. No they aren't. My bank, good music apps, VPN app, favorite popular password vault, store apps etc are NOT there. Nor are a ton of other specialty apps too long to list here. Those are essential apps, not "Facebook".

Does this mean you're going to discount everything I've listed now as "going into a tizzy"? Because from where I stand, it sounds more like plain sense. WP can't even break out of the single digit market share so I'd say I'm being pretty obvious.

None of this means I dislike WP. On the contrary I happen to think it's pretty nicely done. The problem is that not only does it not offer anything compelling that I can't already get on an android or iPhone, it lacks a competitive app selection on top of that. That right there in a nutshell is exactly why WP isn't succeeding at getting anyone to switch. Terrible app selection without offering anything compelling enough to offset that.
The only real solution to that is for WP to somehow reinvent the entire way data is consumed on smartphones. Web Apps were once upon a time thought to be the next step in evolution but that approach failed miserably. Over the years I think I van safely say I've heard All of the arguments used to claim WP (and Blackberry for that matter) is a better way to go, but unfortunately the test of time has proven otherwise. Now we're at the point where even the hardcore true believers are all abandoning ship. Even Paul Thurott is shutting his site down and MaryJo Foley came right out and said on air that she won't recommend WP to others

All you have to do on wp is make a tile for your banks website. Why would you need an app to do the same thing, make a link to the mobile site? I use an app that lets me use my google music subscription, so no problem with music. I don't mind if you prefer another os, but please be factual.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
All you have to do on wp is make a tile for your banks website. Why would you need an app to do the same thing, make a link to the mobile site? I use an app that lets me use my google music subscription, so no problem with music. I don't mind if you prefer another os, but please be factual.
Welcome to AC! I'm curious why as someone brand new to this website you chose for your very first post ever to be this, as it appears you're a Windows Phone user? Have you been a member here before? If you need help with Windows phone discussions for your Windows Phone I can link you to a couple of good Windows Phone related sites :)

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I was a long time user of WP and still think it is my favourite ecosystem. I eventually moved the android due to ongoing situations with apps. Even Microsoft started releasing apps for Android and ios before WP. Not only that many android and ios apps developed my Microsoft were superior to the WP version! That to me indicated Microsoft were letting WP die a slow death.

The other major factor was the lack of flagship phones. In some ways Microsoft buying Nokia killed WP. Nokia was an established brand and me like many others loved Nokia phones. Microsoft has killed the Nokia brand and slowed production of their phones. I fail to see how that helps the WP ecosystem.

I'm extremely happy with android and can't see me ever returning to WP. It's a shame but I think there are many others who feel the same.

Posted via the Android Central App