Samsung Galaxy S6 "Trusted Places" not keeping up with my location

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner is working fine, which is a good thing because Trusted Places isn't. TP doesn't seem to be tracking or updating my location so I still have to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone while at stored trusted places (Home, Work). The Trusted Device works fine, but location not so much.

Suggestions?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Trusted Places" not keeping up with my location

Been discussed many times, known issue with Google play services. Will probably be fixed in a future update of Google play services.

PrinceCorwin

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
+1 .. works sporadically for me as well. Yesterday it just quit working and I had to reset the "Trusted Places" settings ...
Yeah, I just went ahead and deleted my places. I find this type of thing is the case with a lot of functions of the smart phones. The developers created a lot of different possibilities but never really perfected any of them. And in order to keep up with the market they just keep adding new functions before they ever make the previous ones function properly. I think they assume that most casual users simply use their smartphones for internet browsing calls and text messages in email. Those of us that actually try to use the functions that they advertise find that they don't actually function that well